Hello!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Hello!

Postby kyrehe » 14 Nov 2012, 21:18

Haha, yes, I haven't gotten a health "breather" in about two to three years. So draining!
And I do have a bathtub. This is.. I guess embarrassing to explain, but I have severe OCD, and I'm scared to sit in bathtubs, even if they've been bleached, or scrubbed and can be eaten off of. (Can't use public restrooms either. I have to have my purse-kit of my own toilet seat covers and other necessities. Uggh.) I feel they aren't clean. It's really weird. But if I need this that much and it will help that much, I will find a way. I'll sit a towel down in there or something! I remember when I used my sitz bath back home, it was very pleasant and helpful. So. I have find myself one, I think. It seems to be the overwhelming opinion here :]
I shall let you all know, haha, thanks for caring.
kyrehe
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby jr2 » 14 Nov 2012, 21:28

oh, no need for embarrassment. It would most likely be counter productive for you to use the tub, as the goal is to get all the muscles to relax, and causing yourself more stress is definitely not something you want, so in your case you probably do want to find a toilet sitz basin that fits if you can.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby kyrehe » 16 Nov 2012, 23:24

Hello, hello!~ Back from the GI and a long, frustrating day! Good news all around, I'm healing well! My doctor saw two superficial, tiny tiny new fissures, and that's what was causing my pain after all that healing. She told me to get some Zinc-Oxide, and just continue use of it until I feel comfortable again. The BF went out and bought it for me (because he's a damn CHAMP) and I got some on me and I feel like a whole new person. My bum is finally coming together quite nicely, I think!
Though with any hope my battle at the GI with surgeries is over, I will probably still have visits for my IBS and other issues, and continue looking for a sitz bath to fit our weird toilet. Or overcome my fear of tubs :(
Thank you so much for the continued support and things to keep in mind. I will refer to this page often when dealing with any bum-pain ;]
-Ky Image
kyrehe
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5