Having anal fissue since 2.5 years, want to be pregnant

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Having anal fissue since 2.5 years, want to be pregnant

Postby Diamond » 14 Nov 2012, 20:37

Thanks JR! I really need to hear this :)
Diamond
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby joyle » 15 Nov 2012, 00:47

Thank you all for your supporting words.
I have a daughter who is 6 but I feel so bad because just before I started planning for my second baby, the fissure happened.
JR2, thanks for yourr soothing words. Diamond, My first baby was out of a c-section so I am okay if I have go for c-section again. To answer your question about the scar, I do have a scar, but its not scary. It's OK to live with it.
Ever the Optimist, your words really encourage me to take the bold step. I am just trying to decide, whether to go for my 2nd LIS first or wait for a month to get the fissure healed and then try for a baby.
Diamond, as you also said, everyone seems to have babies. I just want to have , I feel that the time is running away. To answer your question about the sexual relationship, I would say that my husband is really understanding. When the fissure is healed, we have it and when its really bad, I don't feel like having sex at all. In those situations, we just don't have sex.
I am so sorry for all the pain that you all are also experiencing. This is just so much annoying. I am listing down my concerns. Please let me know if they are valid or not.
1. I am having Milk of magnesia every night literally since these 2 years. I can not imagine living without it although last year I really did for about 3 months before this fissure struck again. Can I have this during my pregnancy?
2. When my first kid was born, I was given iron and calcium tablets. I am scared to have them now. Will they turn my stool hard? It scares me off.
3. What happens if the fissure goes really bad. I am in a very bad shape right now. I tore it again on 24th and its becoming worse since then. Somehow, its not healing this time
My mind has completely stopped working. Since last 2.5 years, I am just living with this burden. Wish a magic wand would appear from somewhere. It seems the blood supply to my butt has stopped, its not HEALING...
joyle

Topics: 1

Postby Diamond » 19 Nov 2012, 14:16

Just an update - I came back from my 5 weeks post-op appt and everything seems to be healing fine. They've recommended to stop packing both wounds and the nurse used silver nitrate on them today.
I did ask the nurse about sex - and she said it's fine to give it a try. I've been a little paranoid about causing further issues. So let's see how it goes :)
Diamond
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Ever the Optimist » 19 Nov 2012, 16:02

Diamond,
Great news to hear that things are going well. I've heard the silver nitrate can be a bit sore! But sounds like you are doing really well and great, you can finally stop the packing!
Try give sex a very "gentle" try! It'll get easier with time!
Joyle
Good luck with your plans and hoping truly you can come to some resolution. Would it help to go back and chat with your CRS/ GP about your baby plans? They might be able to offer you some reassurance on your worries & suggest a positive course of action for you.
At the time of my fistula op, I was told to avoid to try having a baby for a few weeks due to the recovery process and additional pressure on my bottom but whilst I had the fistula and the fissure, two GP's just told me to "go for it"! They warned it might be a bit uncomfortable but it certainly shouldn't put me off doing so!
In response to your queries, Milk of Magnesia is generally deemed to be safe whilst pregnant, but always take a GP's advice on exactly how and how much you should be taking. I think a GP would push the importance of a high fluid intake and high fibre diet first, but I know it can be used whilst pregnant.
Iron tablets can be notorious for constipation, but I think there are other more natural alternatives you can try. I know this is a big issue on some of the Mum & Baby sites and people have suggested counteracting the tablets by an increase in fluid intake, a lot of women suggest oranges and kiwis and high intake of vitamin C or lactulose (very safe in pregnancy)
Finally, chat with your GP about what they recommend for you personally re the fissure. Just think of women who develop a fissure during pregnancy for the first time. At least, you have the knowledge of how to relieve the pain and you know what you are dealing with too...
2.5 years is a long time to be suffering and I'm sure you don't want to put your life on hold forever. Perhaps go back, discuss LIS and what risks there are involved for you and in getting pregnant later.
Wishing you all the very best in dealing with this at the moment xx
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby joyle » 19 Nov 2012, 16:30

Diamond,
Happy to know about you and I will pray for your speedy recovery.
Ever the optimist,
I felt so light after reading your post. You are really a true optimist. I have asked the colorectal surgeon who told me that operation is the only way out, and he told that I can have MOM. As you told, I will try other natural alternatives. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
Everyone else, I was suffering since last 20 days and my fissure was not getting any better. On advice of somebody in the forum, I applied honey one day before bedtime. The pain was really less the next day. Next day onwards, I am just applying coconut oil and the pain is 95% gone. That means, I am not having pain while passing stool but I feel a pricking sensation many times during the day. These things are worth giving a try. I have thought of using coconut oil regularly whether I have the pain or not.
I do not understand although why wasn't I getting better with diltiazem and hot baths. The day I stopped having these two I got better.
joyle

Topics: 1

Postby Diamond » 19 Nov 2012, 17:57

Thanks Ladies! I'm so glad I found this site, the positivity from everyone on here really helps.
The silver nitrate is definitely something :) The nurse always warns me not to kick her when she's applying it. But compared to the pain of a recurring abscess and everything else I've dealt with to date - it's a piece of cake! I have some bleeding and grey stuff coming off the wound, but I was told that's the silver nitrate. I'll probably wait 1-2 days and then give it a gentle whirl Image
I still have a nurse coming daily for at least another week to clean the wound with saline and just keep an eye on it. I can clean it myself, but as I don't have to pay out of pocket for this additional care - I'll opt to wake up super early for the nurse to come by before I leave for work. I have to go back in for another silver nitrate treatment in a week.
Joyle - I'm happy the honey seems to be working for you. I hope things work out!
Ever the Optimist - You truly have a way of seeing the best in every situation :)
Diamond
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby LavaAss » 06 Dec 2012, 12:51

I'm sorry about all the problems you've been going through. I just wanted to add one comment on the metamucil. I've tried taking it twice (once of my own volition and once at the advice of an urgent care nurse, both at half the starter dose) and both lead to rock hard bms and tearing open the fissure. No more metamucil for me - perhaps your stomach doesnt process psyllium the same as me? I'm now using a probiotic fiber supplement (without psyllium) called fiber choice which works quite well for me.
LavaAss

Topics: 2

Postby clramsey75 » 29 Dec 2012, 05:13

Hi there everyone. I am new to this forum but unfortunately not new to anal fissures. I have had an anal fissure for years now. It goes through stages of being so incredibly painful that I am holding on the the bathroom wall and crying as I try to have a BM through to there being no pain just constant dripping blood.
However I am also the proud mother of a 2 year old and a 9 month old. I had my daughter by c-section but I had my son vaginally. Yes I bled a lot from my rectum and it took a while to get back to 'normal' but it was totally worth it. I wish you luck with your baby plans Diamond. It can be done.. :)
clramsey75