surgery for young woman

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

surgery for young woman

Postby trieditall » 15 Dec 2012, 13:15

Hello,
I am in a desperate state. Had botox five days ago and am MUCH MUCH worse than before botox. Dr. said it is from the stretching of the anus involved, not the botox itself... I don't really care what it's from I just know that it's MUCH worse. I can hardly function at this point. I am not particularly happy with my doctor at this point and will be seeking second medical opinion. ANYWAY. The one thing this doctor told me that has me worried about having LIS is that he doesn't recommend it for young women who are in child-bearing years because although it may not cause incontinence NOW, it may once I start having children and that area is stressed significantly. Any thoughts or experience on this? I just want this gone, I'm getting close to trying the procedure. But I am afraid of that. Has anyone gotten this surgery done in life pre-pregnancy and then had no further complications once they have children??? HELP
trieditall
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: surgery for young woman

Postby Sorew5 » 15 Dec 2012, 16:33

I had LIS a month ago and I am 28 and haven't yet had kids. I have not had incontinence issues but the surgeon did say I should consider c section when I eventually have kids. So far I am finding the pain worse than before so until fully recovered I can't say whether or not I would recommended the surgery. I am considering a second opinion as the pain is so bad a month later I'm not sure I should be in so much pain!
Anyway hopefully someone on the forum will have had LIS and then kids so will be able to help you better than me!
Sorew5
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2