Fissure Diary.

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Fissure Diary.

Postby Stratocaster » 17 Dec 2012, 12:23

Figured I'd start one of these up.
I've had a fissure since July 2011. I really had no clue what it was and just dealt with it. I thought it was hemmerhoids. Went to see my family doctor and he gave me nitro in January 2012. It really did nothing. I did what I thought I could to get the fissure under control diet wise but nothing changed. I used nitro until September with little change. It'd get smaller, bad BM and get bigger. Mind you it's partially my fault as my body hates metamucil. Any time I use it I get massive sandpaper like BMs.
Since Sept I've been eating mostly oats, whole wheat rice and chicken and it's helped. I have 0 pain with the fissure most times. The thing is it's not gone away. Being a gay guy it does have sexual implications and I'd like to get back into a relationship at some point. Thus I'd say it's pretty much been ruining my self esteem for the last year and a bit.
My doctor is homophobic and thinks I just injured myself and he really doesn't care. Just keeps saying it's a cut and it takes time to heal. Just make stools soft and keep going. I demanded a referral to someone else so I've seen a general surgeon about my AF.
He was really really kind and asked lots of questions and listened when I explained it's been really bringing me down due to the sexual implications. He opted to try botox and he said if that doesn't work he's going to get me into a CRS for the next step.
Thus I've spent $250 on 50 units of botox and am having the injections done this Friday. He's said to keep doing what I have been as I've had 2-3 months of constant pain free, no blood or irritation BMs. The shitty part is it's really irritated right now. I have a wicked case of strep throat or possibly mono (don't tell the surgeon, our little secret haha). So I had 0 appetite and ended up with sandpaper BMs and blood. Thus lots of ice and diltazem to hopefully get it back under control before Friday. Crossing my fingers this works out as I'm really putting myself on the line. I don't have a lot of money and the $250 for the botox has maxed my creditcard so I can't shag around with this stuff for a long time. I'm excited to just get it done and get serious about healing up.
Last edited by Stratocaster on 22 May 2013, 07:12, edited 1 time in total.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Re: Fissure Diary.

Postby jr2 » 18 Dec 2012, 00:20

Good luck, Stratocoaster!
Hope the Botox works for you!
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby T-Rex » 18 Dec 2012, 05:10

Hi!
I had Botox done 1 month ago and it has helped me.
I'm not 100% perfect but I had a large polop that they had to do a biopsy off, and they havent removed it yet, so it's still causing pain, however the pain of having a bm has been reduced significantly. I have to go back for more surgery in january to fully remove the polyop, but that's another story!
I wish you all the best for your botox. My first two BM's after Botox hurt, but after that it was completely different.
all the best!
T-Rex
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Stratocaster » 19 Dec 2012, 11:17

Thanks for the support :D.
Friday is coming fast. Finally starting to get my BMs back under control after having the worst case of strep EVER. I'm in some pain when going but not THAT much. Most of you have it much much worse then me.
I've really realized that AFs are something that is unique to everyone. Most of you have tremendous pain on a daily basis. I'm lucky enough to have dodged that but I have the big sexual implications that'll probably keep me out of the dating pool for a long time.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Stratocaster » 21 Dec 2012, 16:25

Took all day but finally done. Pretty much 0 pain. They did put me under which I thought was stupid. I just checked and a fair bit of dry blood and the odd pinching feeling here and there but its not bad at all. I'm not going to bother getting the pain killers.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby jr2 » 21 Dec 2012, 17:19

Hoping for all the best for you! So happy to hear it wasn't traumatic for you, and that you arn't feeling too much discomfort! So far, so good!
Keep us posted!
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Stratocaster » 24 Dec 2012, 08:11

Today would be day... 4.
Right after the injections my ass was pretty numb. I can't really feel the outer muscle which makes sense. The fissure was inflamed from the injection. The last time I was at the docs it got inflamed after he was poking around down there.
BM on Saturday was really really rough. Had that broken glass feeling. It was due to having to fast before the injection. I couldn't drink water for about 18 hours. Sunday was back to soft and good. He has me still using dilt ointment. It's still a bit tender to the touch but is getting better quite quickly. Been icing it 2-3 times a day.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Stratocaster » 26 Dec 2012, 22:50

Still feel like its getting better. Comfortable bms etc. Nothing exciting to report. I noticed the injection site is raised and a bit annoyed but doesn't look infected or anything. Just keeping my eye on it.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Stratocaster » 29 Dec 2012, 10:24

Bit over a week today. Realllyyy comfortable washroom breaks. I'm doing a great job.
I take photos once a week so I can compare. The before botox photos look a LOT better then the after. I noticed I think I have an injection point right into or thru the fissure. I can see about 4 injection points total. It makes sense it'd be really inflamed if he did inject there. I have 3 weeks until I see him.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Stratocaster » 05 Jan 2013, 11:18

Bit over 2 weeks today. It's saturday 'photo day'.
Week over week, massive difference. The injection points are pretty much healed. The only one that seems to be lingering is the one thru the fissure. Essentially it looks like a white head pimple. I think things are getting better quickly. Curious to see what its like in a week.
I'm supposed to go see him on the 21st... might cancel. IMHO it seems pointless to drive the 45 minutes to see him. It's not going to be healed by then. However I'm not going to want a referral to a CRS yet as the botox will probably clear it up by the 2nd-3rd month.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist