Fissure Diary.

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissure Diary.

Postby Rachael 1984 » 14 Feb 2013, 04:13

Hi, I am booked to have botox in April. A long time to wait when in pain! How was the pain afterwards stratocaster? I am a bit scared! But I will do anything to rid these demons! I have 2 Image
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Stratocaster » 15 Feb 2013, 13:37

I'd say the pain was minimal. It wasn't any worse then the fisure itself. Minor discomfort when moving. My case has never been overly intense in pain. Just impossible to heal.
The worst part of it was the BM after. Mostly because they'd forced me to fast so it just dried me out and caused pain and blood. If possible I'd recommend laxatives before hand. If you can clean yourself out and stay hydrated perhaps you can avoid the same pitfall. My best advice is to just keep yourself as comfortable as you can until then. Lotsa fibre, miralax and docustate sodium capsules have been the trick for me. However no fiber suppelements, those caused me problems.
Back to usual diary entry. This week has gone beautifully. Really comfy. I've keep the boyfriend away from my backside haha. I've tried to not look at it this week as you know what they say about watched kettles. Tomorrow is the usual photo day so hoping for some real progress. I'm also coming up on my 2 months on the 20th~ or so. Wondering when the botox is going to wear off as it's been staying on strong so far. It'd be nice to get that solid 6 month effect that's possible.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby jr2 » 15 Feb 2013, 13:53

Stratocoaster,
Great to hear you are still making great progress! Something you might want to think about discussing with your doctor is repeating the Botox again after a period of time, even if you feel you have made good progress toward healing the fissure. Since fissures, like all wounds, heal in stages and are very vulnerable in the earlier months to being re-opened, it could be good to get a good long span of time where the remodeling of the wound has extra time to build up strength again in the presence of a more relaxed sphincter muscle.
It's great that you are being wise about sexual activity right now. In the long run, you'll look back at this time as an important period of needed rest for the area, and it gives you and your partner an opportunity to be creative in other ways in your relationship besides. :)
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Rachael 1984 » 15 Feb 2013, 16:27

Sounds great, I am scared, as I haven't heard many success stories on the Botox??! 💉💉 do you think as I have 1 chronic Fissure and another new one, that they can heal with the botox!? My CRS scared me as he said it only has 50/50 chance😅X
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Stratocaster » 16 Feb 2013, 10:21

My doc said that fissures heal under most circumstances with botox. I was weary of it too as most people on here have had not that much luck with it. That being said I don't think we hear success stories normally as most people would heal and just move on with their lives. They'd be on the forum for support mostly. It's something I told myself I'd not do. I'd make a dairy so people could see the day to day of botox and hang around after it's healed up.
I'd say most of the onus of healing it once you have botox is on you. One bad BM and your set back. Eat as cleanly as possible. Try and have regular washroom breaks but don't over do it. I see people on here that go 2-5 times a day. It's just more stress and potential for spasms. One comfy washroom break a day has been key for me. Miralax and docustate sodium capsules. I can't stress how much they've helped me. I can generally eat what I want and have 0 problems using the washroom the next day. One dose of miralax during dinner and a capsule or two with every meal during the day. Lots of water. I carry a water bottle around with me so I can take miralax where ever I happen to be. I'll even pull the bottle out at a restaurant. I'm lactose intolerant so I'll just tell people it's to deal with that.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Stratocaster » 16 Feb 2013, 10:36

jr2 wrote:Stratocoaster,
Great to hear you are still making great progress! Something you might want to think about discussing with your doctor is repeating the Botox again after a period of time, even if you feel you have made good progress toward healing the fissure. Since fissures, like all wounds, heal in stages and are very vulnerable in the earlier months to being re-opened, it could be good to get a good long span of time where the remodeling of the wound has extra time to build up strength again in the presence of a more relaxed sphincter muscle.
It's great that you are being wise about sexual activity right now. In the long run, you'll look back at this time as an important period of needed rest for the area, and it gives you and your partner an opportunity to be creative in other ways in your relationship besides. :)

Very wise advise, thank you! It has been a though as yeah there is going to be scar tissue. It's not going to be able to stretch like the rest of the sphincter and boom, potential retear. At minimum I'll be using miralax and DS capsules for a long time. If when the botox wears off I'm getting the feelings of spasms then it's probably best to get it redone. I never did get much spasm sensation beyond the feeling of itching and a bit of discomfort for an hour or two after going.

I am nervous about receptive anal sex again. My bf has been nothing but understanding and I've made it very clear it's not me stonewalling him at all. I can't get a clear answer as to when is the best time to think about it again. My family doctor said go to it once it's gone, you don't need to wait. However he's a moron and has caused me to wait almost a year with this thing. It's scar tissue so it could retear. I'll be waiting awhile atleast. One good thing with anal sex is that it does give you greater control over the sphincter. You do get the ability to relax much easier and it certainly does help you not be tight as a drum constantly.
Anywho, photo day. Looks fantastic. Week over week the 'raised' area that can really only be seen in flash photographs has reduced by about 25%. In looking at the fissure under 2 different kinds of light its REALLLYYYYY hard to see. Lots of squinting and readjusting. very pleased :D. I think I'm going to keep up with using ice on it once or twice a day for 20-30 seconds (wrapped in 4 layers of kleenex). It seems to keep the area nice and calm after a bm. The week after the next I'll probably stop the ice. The less day to day irritation there will help it finally go bye bye. I'm so having a big pizza party once it's gone. I'm also trying to remind myself that it's been less then a month since I bled a ton etc so I'm making amazing progress. Espec considering it took me a week to get it to calm down and not be super inflamed. It happened round the 28th of January.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby jr2 » 16 Feb 2013, 11:26

The most important thing is to just be really open and communicative with one another, which it sounds like you already are.
Just to throw some ideas out there for you for what it's worth (given that I don't have any experience with anal sex and I'm sure you know way more than I ever could), but I'm thinking it would be better if you can get a good span of months with no relapses and no retears.
That being said, there is merit to gently stretching the anal muscles gradually and carefully as a treatment for fissures. You could consider using a graduated set of dilators, beginning small and working your way up. That way, you have even more sphincter control than sometimes you might have when passion is taking over? There are some of us doing self dilation at home using graduated dilators and it is slow progress, but progress nonetheless. A combination of massage and stretching can get that scar tissue to become more flexible. Having had several surgeries for other medical conditions myself, I can say how crucial massage has been for me in breaking down scar tissue, and based on that idea I practice gentle anal massage every day to increase blood flow and promote muscle relaxation.
Anyway, these things aren't for everyone, I know, but since I'm not a surgical candidate I've had to figure out helpful ways, thinking outside the box, to live with this problem, so I just thought I'd pass some ideas on. I'm really happy to hear the Botox is working out well for you. It's always really uplifting to hear good news on this board!
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Stratocaster » 17 Feb 2013, 22:45

Yeah I think you and I are on the same page. Given a few months atleast. Plus as you mentioned things like toys are a way to slowly size up and the more relaxed the area the better. I've also never heard of using massage for scar tissue.. I may need to try that. It certainly wouldn't hurt to see my doc in the near future and have him see how much scar tissue there is.
I do have some bad news. It was a bad day. When I used the washroom it was a bit painful. No blood but I was tender after. Then a few hours later it was really bad. Super loose. Lots of pressure. It's been more painful since. I realized that I've not been eating oats on the weekend. Normally I start the day with a massive bowl of oats and some softeners and then munch on fruit as snacks until dinner and for dinner I can eat whatever I want. Works wonders if I actually eat the oats... I realized I didn't friday. Thus going to the washroom earlier was mostly matter from friday. Then the pain and ouchies later was the pizza I had for dinner that night and food I'd eaten over the weekend.
That being said there is no sense being bitter over it. Just move on and up. In looking it looks inflamed but nothing crazy. It's been a LOT worse. Still hard to see just more bright red. I'll be doing lots of ice and getting back to eating those oats and being more of a good boy :D. I'mma stop eating as much lactose as I am intolerant. When it does hit me the odd time it's loose and normally hurts for a few days. It just hasn't hit me in months. I made the STUPID mistake of not eating oats friday. I got munching on stuff at work and it never happened.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Stratocaster » 19 Feb 2013, 09:02

I've used up a lot of ice cubes in the last couple days haha. It's got the swelling down and it's getting back under control again. Havn't used the washroom since the last time but I've been a good boy :). I am out of docustate sodium caps which is REALLY annoying as they can be a sweet angel to find. For some reason shoppers drugmart doesn't stock the capsules of any brand. I did find a spot on the shelf for them but the shelf was empty. Checked another shoppers and same deal but they had the liquid. It's soo gross but it'll do in a pinch.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Stratocaster » 20 Feb 2013, 08:21

Went to the washroom shortly after posting that and was the most comfy its been in a long time. I've upped the amount of Miralax by a bit. I normally fill the cap to the line thats around 17g but I'm filling it completely now. Probably like 20g. Also using docustate sodium liquid which is disgusting beyond belief.
It was a bit soreish yesterday (touchy when I moved certain ways). However I noticed at some point it just deflated. I looked this morning and it looked really calm. Not back to where it was but def on the track.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist