Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissurotomy and Botox diary

Postby erbear » 13 Nov 2016, 03:47

Hi MPB,

I am thinking of getting LIS and I see you recently had the surgery. Any suggestions? How are you feeling? I hope you are doing well. Thank you for being so honest in your diary, it is helpful to not feel so alone. Keep updating us :)
erbear
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Mypoorbutt » 13 Nov 2016, 04:40

Thanx HTD, I'm doing ok the pain is less than with the Botox but the swelling is worse. I still haven't had a BM so only had two painkillers yesterday and pain still only a five. Going to try not to have any today and may leave out the bread, actually had a change of heart and want to get that first BM out of the way.
Hi Erbear, right now I would say if your in pain go for the LIS it isn't that painful, yes it's an operation and yes it's sore but nowhere near the level of spasm pain. I feel ok but have still not had my first BM so am reserving ant serious judgement until then. I love this forum as it's the only place I can be honest and know I'm not going to upset or offend or bore anyone. Unless you have been through this I guess it's hard to understand.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Katie » 13 Nov 2016, 15:58

Can I please ask does pain always been it's gone into spasm???? X
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Katie » 13 Nov 2016, 16:00

Or can pain just be pain how do you know if bottox has worked?
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 13 Nov 2016, 16:54

If Botox has worked you will know...when I put my GTN up before the Botox it was always quite tight...after it had started to work it wasn't even remotely difficult to get cream up there I could actually tell the sphincter was relaxed as I didn't need to try and breath to get it to relax...it was actually very noticeable. It was also very noticeable once it started to wear off like it got tighter on a daily basis
As for pain...no pain is not always a spasm I didn't have one spasm after my Botox but was still in considerable pain sometimes even up to a 7 or 8 but that was after quite a few acidic BMs so the pain was intense burning and stinging...not the body griping agony of a spasm.
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 16 Nov 2016, 18:58

Hello dear MPB,
Hoping you are doing good! Keeping you in my prayers.
Hopefully the big first BM is over
Pain will get better soon
Best wishes
HTD
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 17 Nov 2016, 02:18

Hi HTD first BM not great but not too bad second was better, then my IBD played up and I went 4 times in 2 hours and I was in serious agony for the next 24 hours....spasms that wouldn't stop pain level 8/9 it was the worst day since I got my GTN last year as nothing would stop the spasms. Been ok yesterday as no BM. Really not sure if anything can work for my fissure with my bowel issues.
Mypoorbutt

Postby Katie » 17 Nov 2016, 02:48

Was any one ever offered to have a bag fitted? I'm thinking I would like this no I no longer need to use my bottom again xx
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 17 Nov 2016, 02:55

Hi, I have been told that if my IBD and IBS keep inhibiting healing then as a very last case scenario I could have a colostomy for a year to let the area rest completely and if I preferred the colostomy I could keep it...but I have good friends in my crohns group who have lots of issues with the bag that results in very little sleep and painful hernias and other who love their bag so it is not a step I would take unless I could not get my spasms under control of some degree
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 17 Nov 2016, 22:47

Dear MPB it's very early yet. I know and believe you will improve though slowly. The site is probably still
Raw that's why the spasms. But undoubtedly you will slowly start to improve . Have faith.
Better days are round the corner for sure
My post surgery LIS days were not a breeze either don't forget I had 2 of them. But they offered me slow and sustained improvement
Hugs
HTD
Healingthroughdiet
VIP