Fissure Diary.

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissure Diary.

Postby jr2 » 20 Feb 2013, 11:08

Glad you're feeling a little more on track today.
Hopefully you can locate the docusate capsules . Sheesh. As if any of us needs more trauma to cope with. Having to drink vile liquids is just insult to injury!
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Stratocaster » 21 Feb 2013, 10:18

It's so weird that the biggest drugstore chain in Canada doesn't really carry any. I have seen Colace brand ones at like $21 for 50 caps. I pay $6 for 100 at the old grocery store I shopped at! I might just have to set the couple hours aside to bus out there. That being said I did just order 400 caps online for $20. Just will take a week to get here.
Went to the washroom today after not going yesterday. Mostly comfy. Doesn't feel irritated or anything. Its about the size of a pea or so thus it's def a reset from where I was. Hoping it set me back maybe 1-2 weeks, nothing too major. I'd like to be healed by the 3 month mark and I'm just crossing the 2 month mark. Chances are I won't be completely healed by then but the botox will be wearing off by then.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby Stratocaster » 21 Feb 2013, 10:27

Also forgot to mention I've been working on cleaning my diet up. I've got the metabolism of baby jesus so I don't really worry about what I eat. However I've cut down on snacks at work (I ate what I had left yesterday) and have avoided the random stuff people bring in to share. Also working to cut down on coffee. I just eat oats, apples and (1) banana thru the day and eat what I want for dinner with a big dose of miralax.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 21 Feb 2013, 12:40

Hi, what kind of foods do you eat? I am terrified of eating anything too junkish, spicy or stodgy. I also have IBS which doesn't help! I am curious, as I have the Botox in 6 wks. I don't wanna stray from my diet, but it would be nice to have a few treats now and then! As a result of the Fissure diet, I have lost 1stone in weight, which isn't good, as I am tiny! I only weigh 8 stone now.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Stratocaster » 22 Feb 2013, 10:19

For dinner? I eat whatever I want Image. I often have pizza, chicken strips, poutine etc. Last night I made cheese biscuits and made delicious sammiches out of em.
Comfy washroom today. I'mma back on track. Not going to bother with pictures this weekend as I'm just going to try and ignore it. I've got 0 pain and I realize my mistakes now. Just need to enjoy life :). Going to use zinc cream again at night. Ice once or twice a day after a BM.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby nurseebol » 22 Feb 2013, 19:01

um, how do you get pictures? I have tried an I cannot see it! Do I have to pull the area apart? I hate to do all that in a hurry while setting off a timer, seems like an exercise for a Benny Hill Show, but I do want to see...
nurseebol
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Rachael 1984 » 23 Feb 2013, 04:57

Interesting Stratocaster, as everyone always says about strict diet. you don't find foods like cheese irritate the Fissure? Is your CRS going to check you are healed after the Botox has worn off??
Do you find that the pain stopped immediately after the Botox? And did you lubricate before and after BM?
I am hoping that i can heal with the Botox. I have 2 Fissures now,and they are giving me hell. Image
Nurseebol, not sure about the pictures, but be careful pulling the area apart, this will stretch the Fissures.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Stratocaster » 24 Feb 2013, 13:09

To get pictures I lay down and touch my knees to my chest (fetal position). Then snap away. To be fair I am 6'3 so I've got massive limbs. I can take the photos myself without a timer or tripod needed. I use the same technique to take a look. I just use a LED flashlight and a large mirror.
I don't find any particular foods cause it to be irritated. Provided I get my oats, 2 apples and a banana the rest of the day I can eat whatever. I also consume a LOT of water. Being lactose intolerant the body needs lots and lots of fluids if I am to eat dairy products. I do use lactose pills too.
I don't lubricate at all. Every BM is like soft mud. I don't need to push. I clean using cold cold water on the toilet paper and I also use some basic moisturizer as its more emollient so I ensure I'm 100% clean. I then make sure I'm dry and I'll apply ice for around 30 seconds.
Update: Have had a comfy bm everyday. The oats on the weekend are doing the trick. I've not looked at all but I poked around a bit and no pain. Was a BIT worried today as it was stinging as I had spicy pad thai for dinner but after some ice its comfy. I'm also using the zinc cream topically too.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby owmybum » 24 Feb 2013, 13:42

Sounds good!
When do you see your crs for the follow up?
I think it's a wise idea to be a bit careful with your diet... Your so nearly over that finishing line.. You don't want any more setbacks.
I did have to laugh at the picture I conjured up in my head of a very tall long limbed man snapping away in the foetal position!! Things we have to do eh !! Lol
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby jr2 » 24 Feb 2013, 14:16

Great to read your update!
I always smile when I see you use the word comfy. Love it. We're all aiming for the comfy poo.
jr2

Topics: 15