Fissure Diary.

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissure Diary.

Postby Stratocaster » 27 Feb 2013, 08:51

Yeah exactly. At this point I'm not even really considering it. I've seen enough progress that I'm very confident the botox will heal me provided I do my part. Only thing that sucks is the clock! Hopefully I'm one of the people that get the full 6 months or so out of it.
Didn't use the washroom at all on Monday but Tuesday was really really comfortable. I did use the washroom twice but no real irritation and both times were very comfy. I'm out of docustate sodium and I can't find even the liquid anywhere. Really annoying but miralax is working fine by itself. Just upping the dose a bit to compensate.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby Stratocaster » 27 Feb 2013, 20:40

Today went great. Nothing to really report. I'm icing twice a day at this point (right after BM and within an hour or two). Only using the zinc cream at night. Havn't peeked at all even though I've been tempted.
One tip for the dudes I thought of today that I've failed to mention. I've always been a sitter. Even when going for a wee I don't stand. Just a habit and over all easier. Well I've been using the urinal for the last 3 months or so. I do hate it but that being said it's less pressure. The less the area spreads the better :).
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Stratocaster » 28 Feb 2013, 13:06

Another good day :D. Just went a bit ago and totally comfy.
One thing I'm thinking on is the amount I eat and snacking. Quite frankly I probably don't eat enough. I used to eat double the amount of oats I do as they're fissure friendly but it was just too much fiber. I've been eating oats for breakfast and grazing on fruit until dinner. I happen to be hypoglycemic which isn't a big issue except when I eat something like fruit sugar my body goes "MOMNONMNON LETS HAVE MORE'. I do have an insane capacity to eat which isn't the greatest with my fishy friend.
Probably going to start and make some wraps for an afternoon snack or lunch. I'mma wait til I get my docustate sodium so I can get it digesting smoothly. I did have a wrap from a sammy shop the other day for lunch and the next day wasn't as comfy as norm. Not nessic an issue but still. Could be a warning.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Stratocaster » 01 Mar 2013, 10:02

Comfy today too :D. Rock n roll.
Not going to bother with zinc tonight. Tomorrow I'm looking/pictures for the first time in a week or more (2 in the case of pix). So the less irritation/poking around I have to do the better.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Stratocaster » 02 Mar 2013, 08:43

Delaying pix. Went to look and its all white: the zinc cream haha. It's the consistency of ice cream. It takes quite a few showers for it to go away.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Stratocaster » 02 Mar 2013, 15:18

Took pics, looks awesome :D. No washroom yet today. Coffee normally gets things going and I've not had much today.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby PIA » 03 Mar 2013, 00:15

Yay... So pleased for you. I am assuming looks awesome doesn't mean front cover material Image Going for Botox on Tuesday i hadnt planned on a photo shoot but since I have a new phone - why not Image
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby Rachael 1984 » 03 Mar 2013, 05:25

Great Stratocaster , hope you fully heal. Xx
Counting down to my Botox
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Stratocaster » 03 Mar 2013, 21:49

I find the pics are really handy. Anytime I feel meh about it I can look at how far I've come.
Didn't use washroom until today and then twice. Both times went okay. Comfy enough I guess? I thought I might have been ouched but its not tender. Looks small etc. I didn't do anything wrong so probably just me being stressy haha.
I've decided this week I'mma try dilt again. Why not? Never hurt anything. I think it was irritating the injection sites so I stopped but thats long ago. Just going to try it at night. The zinc stuff is way too goopy.
I think I'm going to use dilt this week + ice, just ice the next and then nothing at all after that. Just let things rest. Thats what I'mma thinking anyway. Going to finally have docustate this week, atleast I should.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 04 Mar 2013, 07:54

I have the dilt cream, gonna use until Botox. Can I ask, did you consider going straight in for LIS? Or did your CRS suggest Botox first?!
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!