Fissure Diary.

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissure Diary.

Postby Stratocaster » 04 Mar 2013, 09:16

Well my story is a bit unique. I had been bleeding on and off for awhile with some pain and I noticed the bump. Thought it was hemmerhoids. Creams didn't help. Saw my GP who gave me nitro and told me it was a fissure. Saw him 6 months later as it was just as bad and he said meh, it's just a cut. I can't do anything. I saw him again and got the same rhetoric. I asked about surgery as I knew about botox and LIS and he said hahaha, I've never heard of that being done in Kingston.
I just got discouraged. I saw a doc at a walk in clinic who was helpful and understanding and perplexed it wasn't gone. He said that yes there are CRS' in Kingston and if it stays he'll get me in to see one.
I sent a very strongly worded email to my main doc and he referred me to a general surgeon, not a CRS. Mostly because I could see the general surgeon quickly.
Saw him thinking he'd want to do LIS and he wanted to do botox. He was helpful and kind and did a great job. He wanted to see me a month after the fact so he could send me to a CRS if botox hadn't healed me.
I've had a few flareups since getting botox that have been TOTALLY my fault as I have made mistakes so I've opted to see him when I feel I want LIS. He is also another town over so it's really hard to get there for an appointment.
My GP is totally homophobic which is why I've had it this long. I talked about receptive sex to which he'd call 'that'. Him also saying it's just a basic cut when it can turn into something really really nasty if not taken care of. Such as the muscle cracking etc etc. A fissure is not a cut or scratch.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby Stratocaster » 04 Mar 2013, 09:17

Also back to Dilt, my surgeon told me to use it during botox too :). Adds more paralysis and blood flow etc. I'd stopped using it as I had 5-6 injection points that weren't healing well while I was using it.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Stratocaster » 04 Mar 2013, 12:47

Decided to buy some miralax (well generic) online. Got 3 bottles for 52 bucks. Would cost me close to $100 at the store.. pretty impressed :D. I can leave a jug at my boy's house to make it even easier on me. No excuses.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 04 Mar 2013, 12:48

Oh god what a nightmare! Docs really annoy me when they don't take things seriously! Sure they wouldn't suffer!
I have irritation from the Rectogesic, so I am a bit scared of the Dilt, but I am in so much pain I need something! What pain scale were you on before the Botox? Mine is pretty bad now, 8-10 most days. 2 Fissures. I want my life back.
Never thought my butt could cause me so much misery!
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Stratocaster » 04 Mar 2013, 13:41

Generally 0 pain. If I have a flare up it's painful for a few days but goes away quickly. It's def a mild case as there isn't much pain. Most people would just go on with their life but I have the added sexual complication that makes me follow it thru.
Good news! My mommy found docustate sodium at a store and brought me 100 caps! Apparently it was behind the counter... no clue as to why. Perhaps you can make meth with it or something haha.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 04 Mar 2013, 13:51

Yes, I suppose you are having to seriously consider the sexual implications too! Hope you have a understanding partner. These damn things can cause relationship problems.
Glad you got the Docustate! I tried those, but they didn't do a lot. I take macrogol.
See my pain is bad, so not sure how the Botox will work for me. Please, fingers crossed. Not sure if I can cope if I go back to square one!
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby Stratocaster » 04 Mar 2013, 15:22

Well if botox only eases things then you know LIS should fix it up. LIS is pretty minor in my opinion.
Yah my BF is great. It's something we joke about. I just keep him upto date on progress.
I call docustate my insurance. I take it with meals I feel could be a problem. Miralax works best once a day for me. Any more then that and I just get too loose.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 04 Mar 2013, 15:41

Good idea, I still have some, so might try it and see!
I know, I update my partner daily, weird how it becomes part of daily conversation!
Most of my friends know, I am not embarrassed about it, it has happened and now I need to deal with it. Image
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby Stratocaster » 04 Mar 2013, 21:03

I can't ever say I've had a problem with docustate causing stools being too bulky or loose. I just find it makes things muddy which is gross but still key haha.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Stratocaster » 05 Mar 2013, 10:53

Yay for ultra comfy fluffyness! Thank baby jebus for the docustate haha.
I also got my shipment in the mail so I've got 500 caps of it now. Thus I'm covered for a long time :D. I've also got that 3 pounds of miralax on the way so I really have no excuse. Considering how comfy today was when last night I ate out for dinner and had food terribly bad for me Image. I find just having docustate for the oats is great. Obv oats do have the potential to be a bit dry even though I add a ton of water. Tis just great insurance.
Stratocaster
Proctosphincteranalogist