Hello!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hello!

Postby jjanda1 » 30 Jan 2013, 10:50

Hi!
I am 25 years old and have had bleeding from my anus off and on since I was a teenager. I am not sure why this happens because I am never constipated, I just have big, frequent poops. I am also a vegetarian and I eat A LOT of fiber. The only thing that I think I am doing wrong is not drinking enough fluids. I am just confused why I have an anal fissure if I am not constipated, and I eat enough fiber. Does anyone else here not have constipation but poop frequently? I am also in great health otherwise, and ideal body weight. Sometimes I wonder if my anus is just too small. I have big poops, and sometimes it feels like the poop is scraping the side of my anus, and then I start bleeding. I don't have to strain too much, they just scratch up my anus as i pass. After I poop, if i have to pee, say an hour or two later, when i am sitting down to pee my anus starts bleeding because it opens up. Anyhow, I think I really need to find some way for my poop to be softer, because they are too big and hard a lot, like a hard banana. I feel like my fissure would heal if I just started having some poops that were between the consistency of a rock and diarrhea, soft like chunky peanut butter or something. Does anyone here know what to eat, take for that?
jjanda1

Topics: 1

Re: Hello!

Postby Mamalucia » 30 Jan 2013, 11:05

Over the counter stool softener..research online to find one that doesn't cause diarrhea but helps soften them....never worked for me but may work for you
Mamalucia
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Re: Hello!

Postby Savaici » 30 Jan 2013, 11:47

Welcome to the forum, jjanda1. Not the place you would most choose to be, but glad you found us.
Most people on the forum recommend Miralax to get the right consistency of BM, but it does not work for everyone. Have you actually been diagnosed with an Anal Fissure, as bleeding from your anus could just as well be internal hemorrhoids, as for me.
Also, it is essential that you drink enough water that your urine looks like water. Dehydration is the bug bear of all things anal Image , so make sure you have at least 8 to 10 glasses of water a day. Not the huge type of glass but about 8ozs of water in a glass.
You will also see on here that a Colon and Rectal Surgeon is the person to diagnose the problem. We are not doctors here, but there is a lot of advice on all sorts of things, if you use the Search facility above. And just ask anything more you would like to know. We are certainly here to help.
You may also be overdoing it with the fiber. Women need about 25g a day, so if you are doing more than that, combined with not enough liquid, that could be your problem! I am also vegetarian, so I am careful with not over or under-doing it.
Hope this helps.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222