Hello Everyone, new here, looking for help/Dr. referral

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hello Everyone, new here, looking for help/Dr. referral

Postby Vovka77 » 02 Jan 2013, 13:11

Hello Everyone and happy New Year to you all!
I am 35/m from NY/NJ area and have been living on/off with a fissure for the last 7 years. I have tried everything, from drinking lots of water, to eating lots of fruit/veggies, to drinking a spoonful of olive oil everyday(does help with softening your stool). I have been basically able to train my bowels to have movement almost everyday. What led to a fissure was a low carb diet I went on. I lost 45 lbs and developed a fissure. :/ I have been able to contain discomfort, but do get inflamation once in a while...
I need a referral to a good colorectal surgeon who does Botox and LIS in NJ/NY area? If you have someone you trust, please reply. I would greatly appreciate it... If you know that they take Cigna Health Insurance, let me know as well...
Thank you and be well Image
Vovka77

Topics: 1

Re: Hello Everyone, new here, looking for help/Dr. referral

Postby Mamalucia » 03 Feb 2013, 19:22

My surgeon did amazing!! I'm in central Jersey. (Middlesex county)
dr. Lewis Zinkin.
620 cranbury rd. suite 111
east Brunswick nj
Phone 732-238-2662
May be a little far but he did great things for me! I had a fissurectomy done on Thursday pain was less than 1 on a 1-10 scale the following day. Best of luck!!
Mamalucia
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12