2 years post LIS and still having issues...):

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

2 years post LIS and still having issues...):

Postby ElizabethAnnB » 03 Feb 2013, 22:25

I went to the Doc two years ago following some horrible pain all of the sudden and found out a had a fissure. He said it was obvious that I had had it for a long time and we tried the creams and it didn't work so I had LIS done. I thought it would be the end of it. It wasn't. I wasn't sure if it was leakage that was causing issues or the fissure, but there was a spot that has always bothered me since the surgery. I started to have itching at the surgical site (on the left side) where he cut (but on the inside) and I went back to him and he said the fissure was still there but much much better. He told me to take more fiber and pretty much pushed me out the door. Well, it's another year later and it is driving me crazy again!
I don't know if this is due to slight leakage or the fissure itself, but all day I have this itching and needle like pains in the area where cut. I wonder if the fissure shifted due to him loosening the muscle and thats why it isn't at exactly 6 O'clock like it used to be. Anyway, I am soooo PO'd that I am dealing with this all over again. I made and appointment with him for Feb 14th (YAY! not) and I am going to tell him that he has to do something. Iam 27 years old and this has been going on for years and I am tired of dealing with it everyday.
Has anyone else experienced this issue? It's like leakage, but on the inside. I actually kind of think the leakage may be right on the fissure, which is keeping it from healing, because I have to wipe so much in that area.
It is so annoying that I would be willing to go through the LIS all over again, if necessary. Could this mean I need it done again? Has anyone else experienced this same sort of thing? I am so frustrated. Sorry if it sounds like I am ranting, but I kind of am! Image
ElizabethAnnB
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: 2 years post LIS and still having issues...):

Postby suzyljank » 04 Feb 2013, 16:04

Hi, sorry you're having troubles after LIS. I had mine 5 years ago and it only helped me a little bit. As for your leakage, do you have skin tags. Sometimes it's hard to clean up after them. You can clean really well and a while later there's a little more to clean. As far as itching goes try to keep the area dry. Make sure you don't have a yeast infection too, that can cause itching. If you are getting a discharge that has an odor or is a funny color see your doctor right away, you may have an infection. I know how frustrating a fissure is and I can sympathize. I've been dealing with mine since 2008. Hope things improve quickly for you. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 04 Feb 2013, 21:41

Have you considered going to another doctor (a CRS) and getting a second opinion?
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Savaici » 05 Feb 2013, 11:21

I would also go with what TFCKMB said and see another CRS (research for the best in your area) and get a second opinion. Sorry you are going through this, and again.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?