Devastated over my office visit!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Devastated over my office visit!!

Postby GGky1959 » 22 Feb 2013, 12:15

coconut wrote:What does a person's race have to do with being a bad doctor?
Refusal to prescribe narcotics to a new patient who has a gastro problem IS responsible practice. Narcotics are the worst thing for us because they slow the digestive tract and create constipation. None of my doctors would prescribe me anything for the pain, and I've been to one of the best CRS Doctors in the country.
I'm sorry. I really am. And I get that this makes me sound like a jerk. But from what I've read on these boards, you are likely taking way too many pain-relief meds already. And using too many remedies. Its shocked me to read what you are taking a couple of times, but I've tried not to respond because I didn't want to be rude. The body can only take so much, and its a sign of a good GP when they take into account everything that is going on with your body.
Also, Savinci's advice is square on. Get a good CRS. They are the only one's that know about this stuff. And forget the nationality. Forget how nice the Doctor is. Forget their willingness to listen to all of your challenges. Forget wether they give you the drugs that you want them to give you. Forget wether the nurses are rude. All that matters is that they get you the correct treatment. Butt doctors are just that. All they do is butts.

I don't want my comments to escalate to a topic of race, that was not my intentions at all. I am speaking from a personal prospective, nothing more. The reason I switched doctors to began with was due to a language barrier. Dr. B, a kind older gentlemen was very hard to understand when he and I would talk and more often then not, I would leave his office confused on what he had said to me. Call me insentive, whatever, but that was my reality, Coco. So I asked to change doctors....finding out his replacement had those same issues, devastated me. These two guys are the only guys in this office who have openings for new patients, the rest are full.....and there's a reason for it. As for me taking too many meds....you are exactly right on target with that assumption....THAT'S WHY I WANTED TO DISCUSS A BETTER WAY TO MANAGE THIS PAIN, WITH LESS INTRUSIVE DRUGS....but that conversation never happened.
I come out of my pocket with each office visit, paying the full amount because meeting a 2000 deductible hasn't been achieved....I have a right as a patient, as a paying consumer to get full use of the money I spend on medical issues and if that includes my personal inability to comprehend doctors from certain ethnic groups, that's my choice and I make no apologies about it. AND YES... american born and speaking doctors could be just as cold and hard to communicate with also, but for me, at least that dialog will be on a much even playing field...language wise.
I'm sorry if I offended anyone.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby GGky1959 » 22 Feb 2013, 12:28

Rachael 1984 wrote:Oh no GG, hang on in there. When you see the CRS, go for it. Some Docs don't listen. I have had this experience, hence why I still have the Fissures. Don't pay the bill, and complain!! Why is it $500?

Thanks....I have to meet a 2grand deductible before my insurance pays anything.....so an average doctors visit, normally would be just your co-pay the insurance pays the rest, but with the insurance I have, your ded. has to be met before they pay a dime and then its only 80%. I pay 188. a month in insurance premiums. Were it not for the fissure issues, I rarely go to the doctor for anything....maybe to tweek my blood meds or a cold or something.....so my deductible rarely gets met...so in addition to giving the insurance companies free money with my prem. I usually end up paying for everything and I got the bills to prove it.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GGky1959 » 22 Feb 2013, 12:32

suzyljank wrote:Hi, sorry your visit was a bad experience. Sometimes you have to insist on being heard. I've had a few doctors I couldn't understand and I never went back. I figured if I couldn't understand them there was a good chance they couldn't understand me and i didn't need someone giving me medication if i wasn't sure of them. I prefer to have a woman doctor if I can, I feel they listen better but that's just me. I don't know what kind of meds you are taking but be careful they don't constipate you, this will only make matters worse.
I just have to say that this forum is a lifesaver. It's here for people to share their experiences and to help each other. No one should pass judgement on what we as individuals decide to do, that's a personal decision. I hope your CRS is more helpful and sets you on the road to recovery. Suzy

Suzy, as much pain as I have been in lately, I tried so hard to just get this guy to help me better manage the drugs needed to combat the pain. That's all I wanted to discuss....but for some reason, I was left with the impression that they thought I was doctor shopping for narcotics???????? Perhaps the desperation in my tone lead them to that conclusion, but had he been a bit more sensitive to me and my issue, I could have walked away satisfied. But I kept asking him to repeat himself and that in my opinion took us both down a road of frustration and we never looked back. I'm gonna see a CRS next week and maybe then my questions and concerns will be addressed....meanwhile, I am definately looking for another PC doctor.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GGky1959 » 22 Feb 2013, 12:36

marg6043 wrote:GGky1959 I read you got naproxen, actually naproxen is what I took for a while because they were left over from an episode of bursitis I got from exercising, so I took it with my fissure when it was really bad and ibuprofen also, it worked for me.
I hope it will work for you, until you get to see your CRS.
Interestingly that my doctors are pill happy ones and will give you anything, but I can not stand the stronger pain killers due to side effects.

Ironically, I left Doctor C, a kind female doctor for that very reason.....no matter what I would tell this lady about what ailed me, she'd prescribe a pill for it....by the time I left her practice....I had 14 bottles of all sorts of meds and most were on a class action recall list...this woman was a joke. I live in a low income area and sadly a lot of these doctors are use to patients on medicaid or passport and they just don't care.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GGky1959 » 22 Feb 2013, 12:37

Savaici wrote:GGKY1959,
For what you have, you absolutely need to see a CRS. GPs are useless at diagnosing this, whatever their nationality. Also, when you see the surgeon, write down what you want to say, including questions. Then, remember who is paying their bill and get your say in. As far as I have found, the doctor much prefers if you come prepared. I will not be intimidated by doctors, and don't let yourself be either.
By the way, it's always good to research the doctor, look for reviews, etc. USNews has a list of the best CRS in the US.
Good luck!

I agree with you 1000%....but I had no intentions of discussing my fissure with this guy, I just wanted to know how to manage pain, that's all and what to take and what not to take.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby marg6043 » 22 Feb 2013, 13:04

GGky1959most of us understand what you are doing and trying to do, as we have been there and in my case I am very picky about the doctors I choose what I like or not, after all is our rights as a consumer to that.
I had so many doctors because I fired them when they are not there to help but to profits for big pharma.
That happens a lot here in the US.
You stick with what is right for you and your suffering and don't let anybody put you down because you don't agree with them.
We are all humans after all. We are here to support you and give you advise until you find a solution to the problem or at least get better.
Let's wait for the CRS appt and see what goes from there.
Girl I am happy you lost 8 pounds Image it may have been due to stress and pain but is still a good thing to lose weight
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby GGky1959 » 22 Feb 2013, 13:24

delasama wrote:Coconut-"What does a person's race have to do with being a bad doctor? "
Absolutely nothing.
Ggky1959 and I just happened to have a bad experience with them(mostly a language thing).

Thanks for defending me....the last thing I want to do is discuss race here. I love everybody, I have no issues with anyone regarding race...I have a language issue and if that takes me down the path of being insensitive to other ethnic groups than I'll have to own it, but I'm not a racist. My God, the last thing on earth I am today is racist....I got to many irons in a fire of pain and frustration and life to take that one on too....life is too damned short. But when I gotta come up out of my pockets, I am extremely picky.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GGky1959 » 22 Feb 2013, 13:26

marg6043 wrote:GGky1959most of us understand what you are doing and trying to do, as we have been there and in my case I am very picky about the doctors I choose what I like or not, after all is our rights as a consumer to that.
I had so many doctors because I fired them when they are not there to help but to profits for big pharma.
That happens a lot here in the US.
You stick with what is right for you and your suffering and don't let anybody put you down because you don't agree with them.
We are all humans after all. We are here to support you and give you advise until you find a solution to the problem or at least get better.
Let's wait for the CRS appt and see what goes from there.
Girl I am happy you lost 8 pounds Image it may have been due to stress and pain but is still a good thing to lose weight

Today is a day of pain...I had the morning bm and now its time to suffer for the next 20 hours. I just picked up my Naproxen, I hope it kicks in soon. Yeah, I'm happy about the 8 pounds....but thats about all.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby soothe88 » 28 Mar 2013, 16:07

I know what you mean. I saw two arabic docs. Figured they were just as smart as all the rest. They barely said a word. One didn't exam my area at all, just blew me off ("There is nothing I can do for you"). I go to RateMD and he had bad reviews... all of them. So I look up where he got his M.D (actually not an MD!)... LIBYA!! This is Ontario. Are the real doctors leaving in droves now (with the SKY HIGH taxes here I wouldn't blame them) and if so, is ON importing them all from Libya? Seriously? I think I will have to make the hour drive to Hamilton, Ontario instead of Niagara. Heard good things about that hospital but who knows at this point.
Switched pronto, racist or not!
soothe88
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby Savaici » 28 Mar 2013, 17:41

No derogatory remarks about race. People come here from all over the world for help.
Also against the rules of the owners of this enterprise, and risks immediate banning.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222