Losing the will to live. Worst time of my life

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Losing the will to live. Worst time of my life

Postby prunie » 21 Feb 2013, 16:24

Do you eat the coconut oil or shove it in your butt? Am confused. Where do you find coconut oil??
For me its a sitz bath post BM....only thing that gives relief. There is nothing quite like being so afraid of your own bum.
prunie
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby marg6043 » 21 Feb 2013, 16:37

prunie wrote:Do you eat the coconut oil or shove it in your butt? Am confused. Where do you find coconut oil??

I take the coconut oil by mouth, I warm it up a bit and it taste a lot better. I found out by experience that oily and slippery stools are better for minimal post BM irritation that comes with the spams.
I used to get the burning in my bum along with the spams all day long. It felt like I was burning a hole up my bum, the most uncomfortable feeling that no even the stiz bath could take away until I started to lubricate the area no only with the vaseling before the BM but also making the stools as oily as I could.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby coconut » 21 Feb 2013, 19:04

marg6043 wrote:
prunie wrote:Do you eat the coconut oil or shove it in your butt? Am confused. Where do you find coconut oil??

I take the coconut oil by mouth, I warm it up a bit and it taste a lot better. I found out by experience that oily and slippery stools are better for minimal post BM irritation that comes with the spams.
I used to get the burning in my bum along with the spams all day long. It felt like I was burning a hole up my bum, the most uncomfortable feeling that no even the stiz bath could take away until I started to lubricate the area no only with the vaseling before the BM but also making the stools as oily as I could.

Do I remember correctly that you have a digestive disorder that causes you to digest the oil less efficiently? I'm wondering because it seems to me that most guts would absorb the coconut oil, not excrete it in the stool. I hope I'm not being too intrusive. Just trying to sort out information.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby marg6043 » 21 Feb 2013, 19:29

coconut I lost my gallbladder a year ago, I developed chronic diarrhea that caused my fissures due to excessive bile dump into the intestine.
The diarrhea is control with questran, I am better but even when now I can eat fats without having explosive diarrhea I still do not digest oils as well as before surgery and they will pass fast on my system, this a condition that I will have to deal with for the rest of my life.
Still while coconut oil is digested by the body you still will excrete some in the stool.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby coconut » 21 Feb 2013, 19:50

marg6043 wrote:coconut I lost my gallbladder a year ago, I developed chronic diarrhea that caused my fissures due to excessive bile dump into the intestine.
The diarrhea is control with questran, I am better but even when now I can eat fats without having explosive diarrhea I still do not digest oils as well as before surgery and they will pass fast on my system, this a condition that I will have to deal with for the rest of my life.
Still while coconut oil is digested by the body you still will excrete some in the stool.

Thanks!
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby HoserBum » 23 Feb 2013, 15:21

Rachael 1984: This week has been terrible for me and I could not agree with you more. I'm not going to blow smoke up your ass (heh) and say it's all going to get better and you just need to be positive and hugs hugs hugs. It sucks. It's agony. No one besides the people on this board understand. Come here and vent. Read. Research. Try new things.
Today I stuck an enema bottle full of olive oil up my ass. If you would have asked me six months ago to do that I would have smacked ya upside the head.
The people on here understand. There is nothing on earth I wish for more than a simple remedy. I am enraged at the fact they can perform medical miracles but cannot cure a wound on my arse.
Just hang in there. No matter how bad it gets, I will not let a crack in my ass ruin my life.
Take care
HoserBum
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Postby Rachael 1984 » 24 Feb 2013, 05:59

Thank you, as I am typing this the tears are streaming again! I can't stop this taking over my life. Is it ever gonna end!? I can't see it at this moment in time. I wanna end it all to be out of this pain. Bad day
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby prunie » 24 Feb 2013, 10:19

If its any consolation I was in this position this time last week; sitting at the computer sobbing. I can't say I'm sitting here this week cured or anything, but I am in less pain and I feel more positive. One week can change a lot, so don't give up on finding the combination of drugs/creams and diet that might help. In the mean time, a sitz bath might help with the pain a bit.
prunie
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Rachael 1984 » 24 Feb 2013, 12:13

Hi Prunie, it is just consuming me. I had to go to a friend's today to escape. I want to have an end to this. Do you know if anyone on here has had Antidepressants because of this? I feel like I need some help.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby marg6043 » 24 Feb 2013, 12:19

I don't get tired or expressing the fact that a fissure while will not go away immediately but for the lucky ones, they definitely get better, with the proper care and management, trial and error a routine you can stick with, it does gets better, eventually the better days will turn into weeks and then now like me two months, after six of suffering.
Yes is set back but no losing hope will bring you back in track and never get as worst as in the beginning unless you really are so far gone with a chronic fissure that only surgery will fix it.
And surgery should always be the last solution to the problem, because even when surgery helps many is also those that will not.
You will never know in which group you will be until you have it.
but things will get better, life can have some normacy with a more manageable fissure.
marg6043
King Fissure