Any help??? How to speed along recovery?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Any help??? How to speed along recovery?

Postby Vanessa87 » 25 Feb 2013, 05:38

Hi all,
My name is Vanessa, im 25 years old and live in TX. I was diagnosed with a pretty severe fissure about a month ago but was experiencing the pain for about 2 months before I finally couldn't take it anymore and went to the ER, i was prescribed Norco pain killers and a topical ointment, so i was pain free as long as i kept up the stool softners and pain meds...... until my pain med ran out then the pain was back in full force. I went to my crs and was prescribed RECTIV and $500 later its working GREAT but the headaches are absolutely debilitating i cant seem to even function! IS there something I can do that can speed along this recovery? I tried going without the cream but its just so helpful, its instant relief for my AF but within minutes that horrible monstrosity of a headache is here an it just doesn't out weigh the pain of the fissure. Any ways to speed this recovery along? Im not sure how much longer I can take the headaches, and although my boyfriend is amazingly wonderful and supportive im sure its just a matter of time before hes fed up too. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all! Image
Vanessa
Vanessa87

Topics: 2

Re: Any help??? How to speed along recovery?

Postby marg6043 » 25 Feb 2013, 08:44

Vanessa hi there, sorry to hear that you are suffering with a painful fissure.
You can find all kind of information here and find people in different stage of healing naturally and with surgery.
Sorry to say that once the fissure is chronic the healing takes time, the pain and discomfort is the worst, with the cream and a routine to keep the stools soft and easy to pass things improve.
Some people heal faster and others take years but you can only hope you be a lucky one.
My fissure is already 8 month old since diagnosed but I know is been there for years on and off.
I am doing better but it took me 6 months. Some only take weeks and they are better.
I hope you be one of the lucky ones and your healing be a fast and nice one.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby jr2 » 25 Feb 2013, 14:28

Vanessa,
If you are having headaches that severe, I suggest calling your doctor and asking to be switched to either topical nifedipine or topical diltiazem. You will have to have the prescription compounded at a compounding pharmacy, but both of these medicines are equally effective to the nitro. with no headache as a side effect.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Vanessa87 » 26 Feb 2013, 05:13

Thank you both! jr2, will be calling my doctor today, thank you so much!!
Vanessa87

Topics: 2

Postby delasama » 26 Feb 2013, 16:00

let us know what doc says!
thats really good to know.
i see crs in a week and i will try to get those instead of nitro!
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here