Anyone tried Midol, or pot?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anyone tried Midol, or pot?

Postby HoserBum » 24 Feb 2013, 00:22

My wife just asked me something I thought made sense. Has anyone tried taking Midol for the spasms and throbbing? Or would it be irrelevant?
Also, has anyone tired using pot to help relax the muscles and maybe even aid with pain, gastric issues etc. I haven't smoked in years but I'd be willing to give it a try if I could find some proof it worked. I am skeptical about the medicinal benefits of weed but at this point, who knows...?
HoserBum
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Re: Anyone tried Midol, or pot?

Postby jr2 » 24 Feb 2013, 00:39

Doubtful on the Midol. It has Tylenol in it, which is only marginal when it comes to pain relief, caffeine (for its diuretic properties), and an antihistamine, which could actually cause constipation.
Marijuana is a more interesting question. Never tried it myself but it does exert a pretty strong smooth muscle relaxing effect on the GI tract. Since the internal anal sphincter is smooth muscle, it could theoretically help. The biggest concern would be the effect on intestinal transit time. If the smooth muscle in the GI tract is being relaxed globally, it could slow down the intestinal workings and dry out the stool. That would be the biggest question to have answered before trying it out.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby coconut » 24 Feb 2013, 20:40

Pot? Someone on the boards tried squatting on one, but I don't think it worked for her. Ba dum dum.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Lauren12 » 24 Feb 2013, 20:54

I was on the verge of trying pot when I still had the fissure, but had the LIS about the same time, so didn't try it and the LIS fixed me. Now I've got hip bursitis I'm considering it for the pain from that! The problem for me would be feeling stoned all the time!
Lauren12
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby 357Magnum » 26 Feb 2013, 06:52

I am a firm believer in the medicinal powers of the marijuana plant. It does help, even if its just getting your mind off of the situation for alittle while, on the flip side, it can also make you obsess about things too. The only real side affect i can see is if it makes you cough, it could put un-wanted pressure on the anus. Edibles may be appropriate if smoking is too rough on ya.
357Magnum
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3