Reoccurance after LIS

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Reoccurance after LIS

Postby Newbie2727 » 05 Mar 2013, 08:46

After suffering with a fissure since October of last year, I went to see Dr. Rudd in Toronto for an LIS surgery. After the surgery which didnt take much time, the pain was minimal and I feel a whole world better for the first coupld of days after. The surgery happened last Thursday February 28th, now this morning, the fissure has definitely reopened and I have a tremendous amount of pain when having a bowel movement.
My followup is scheduled for the 18th of this month but Im unsure if I should wait that long to see him again or call to see him ASAP. Is this a common thing of the fissure reoccuring a few days after surgery? When will I be fixed.......Im very tired.
Newbie2727
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Reoccurance after LIS

Postby coconut » 05 Mar 2013, 10:18

If I understand correctly, LIS doesn't correct the fissure. It leaves the fissure open and reduces the pressure on that area so that the fissure can heal correctly. So, yah, retears are still a possibility while you are healing. You still need to baby your butt for a good long while.
That being said, please call your doctor. He/she knows better than anyone here what went on in that operation and knows what might be bad news.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby marg6043 » 05 Mar 2013, 14:36

Newbie2727 Sorry to hear you are having problems after LIS, but your surgery was just recently, I am surprise the doctor offices didn't give you a follow of how to take care of the post op.
Usually you will have to stay on the stool softeners, sitz bath and nitro for a while.
Like coconut said you need to call your doctor and tell them about the discomfort.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby delasama » 05 Mar 2013, 14:46

Sorry your having pain 2727. I talk to a crs tomoro about my options, so I will be interested in what your crs says. I would definitely call him ASAP and ask him what to do.maybe it's pain from the lis cut? Did you have soft poop?
Hang in there!
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion