What is working for me

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: What is working for me

Postby buttquestion » 27 Mar 2013, 13:01

Ah good to know.
I've been using coconut oil and I want to try it for a week and then change to something else. I've been too desperate.. trying different things and can't tell what works and what doesn't. lol
Ah... so the spray stings? blah..
buttquestion
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby jr2 » 27 Mar 2013, 13:53

the spray (actually, any of the local anesthetics) caused really severe stinging for me, so much so i never felt any of the numbing effect. But it appears it had a good effect for the person who posted it, so just goes to show how different we all are.
saintkilledher...that makes a lot of sense since peppermint oil is a smooth muscle relaxant. What dilution do you use to avoid irritation?
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby buttquestion » 27 Mar 2013, 14:07

I think relaxing muscle is very important in healing fissure...
this is interesting.. because nitro's goal is to relax muscle and promote healing right?
So, why can't we just use stuff that can relax muscle? That peppermint oil sounds very interesting now!!
Can I get it from organic store and how to dilution? with water?
PS: Isn't aloe sunburn spray very very similar to Solarcaine spray? The CVS in my area doesn't have it in spray form so I didn't buy but they do have CVS brand aloe sunburn spray..
buttquestion
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby saintkilledher » 27 Mar 2013, 18:23

jr2 i actualy put it on full strength it feels a little strong so maybe add a few drops of water to it...its a really cool feeling to feel the muscle relax and open up.
saintkilledher
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Polluted » 13 Dec 2016, 19:06

I appreciate the Drs input very much because i want to use sunvurn spray on it very badly but the can says not to use on mucus membranes. I am going to use it now. I was using sore throat spray which have about 15 mins of pain reduction. Ill take it. UC for 14 years with terrible bleeding and incontinence but no pain at all until this last year. Then my bms made me cry. Steroids have that taken care of now but the anal fissure pain hit me out of nowhere after getting up afterworking at my desk one day during this flare. Lordy lordy lordy. So far proctozone makes the pain worse as well as everything else suggested by my gi except sitz baths. Beleive it or not, riding my bicycle has helped the pain. Its gone while i ride but can come back quickly when i stop. Not always though. Sometimes ill remain pain free after a ride. I think its the perfect balance between slight pressure on the anus and standing. Another thing that reduces the pain following a bm is rinsing with warm wash cloth. The doc here said cold. Im scared to try that. I dont know what im going to do when i have to go back to work in a couple days. Ive been working from home by fortunate turn of events but that ends soon.
Polluted