Rectum Distended After BM?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Rectum Distended After BM?

Postby Anonymon » 26 Mar 2013, 21:33

Difficult to describe, but after my morning BM, when I ever so lightly pat the area dry, I notice that the entire area is extended downward of where it usually is. Nothing's coming out of it... The whole thing's just more 'down,' kinda like a torpedo.
I had an internal hemorrhoid prior to all this that never gave me any issues. Would it have to do with that?
Anonymon
Salt Bather

Topics: 26

Re: Rectum Distended After BM?

Postby Ever the Optimist » 27 Mar 2013, 05:25

Hi,
I think that's normal as I notice the same too after a BM. It's just where pressure has been applied to the area but for me generally tends to go back to normal after a short while. I also have internal hemms and these probably don't help as they increase pressure in the area especially after BM's. If it's not particularly bothering you, I wouldn't worry too much but obviously if you get lasting pain or any other symptoms, always best get it checked out. I find the distention also depends on the type of BM, so the harder and larger and more difficult the expelling, the worse the distention. That's why I think it's so important to always get those nice soft, easy stools that fall out quickly and effortlessly!! :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

There's a condition called "rectal prolapse"

Postby Guest » 28 Mar 2013, 15:12

So there's also a condition called "rectal prolapse" and lets hope this is not going to turn into this.
Do a quick search and check it out, its pretty interesting.
GL