After 6 mos found something that worked for me

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

After 6 mos found something that worked for me

Postby geocl224 » 13 Apr 2013, 08:25

I am writing this because I feel I have received help from others and now what to share what has worked for me on AF. My AF started in October 2012 with a large BM. Not too bad at first but I cycled my bike in November and by December in full pain mode. Drop to your knees pain mode. Went to the doctor and he perscribed no soap, no toliet paper and sitz baths along with 2oz of Dilitiazem to keep the area less taught. However the trerrible pain persisted and I sought out help from blogs. Some of the ideas (and I have tried most of them) helped. To reduce the BM pain when going to the bathroom I bought non flavored mineral oil and drank three tablespoons daily. This combined with fiber and water made the bm much better. However the internal pain that followed for about 8 hours after that did not decrease much. Then I heard about zinc oxide found in baby ointment and used this twice a day which seemed to help some. Then about two weeks ago I heard of others having success with Tinactin cream (they also warned that some people have a reaction to it but for me it was not a problem). I thought it sounded crazy but I am desparate. However I found almost immediate relief. I combined this with Miralax and fiber to keep the BM soft. I put some on the exterior only twice a day after the BM and before I go to bed. The AF is now 99% pain free (occasionally i will feel a tinge of pain when sitting on a hard surface for a long time but even this is going away) Wow I am almost afraid to get excited. I should also mention that for me prayer played a large part in finally getting relief. I am not saying anyone else should try these ideas I am just sharing what worked for me.
Last edited by geocl224 on 13 Apr 2013, 09:25, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: not complete
geocl224
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: After 6 mos found something that worked for me

Postby Guest » 13 Apr 2013, 11:42

I should also mention that for me prayer played a large part in finally getting relief.

Good stuff.
Yeah that Tinactin worked well for me too, and it was shortly after that, that my fissures took a permanent vacation...................so far.
TFTT

Postby geocl224 » 13 Apr 2013, 16:23

Good news, I keep waitng for the other shoe to drop but every day seems better and better. When it is perfect i think i will call my Doctor and give him a heads up.
geocl224
Fibre Addict

Postby hendrick181 » 13 Apr 2013, 17:18

So tinactin is for foot relief right? Can u describe how u apply....and it should only be externally so be careful not to get any near the opening????? Guess i dont know how it is supposed to work then??
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby geocl224 » 13 Apr 2013, 17:45

Tinactin cream for athletes foot. I had another fellow just email me to say it worked for him as well. I have heard stores on other blogs where one or two people had a reaction to the cream but most do not, but for me no problem. So if you do choose to try it you might do a small test first. It has never caused me any pain.
After a BM usually in the morning I use water to clean up, no soap. Then I rub a pea size amount on my anus (not in) and again before bed. When I first read about this I was leery but willing to try anything. Within about three hours I was much better and continued getting better very quickly. Within about three days I was 90% cured and as I said now two weeks later 99%. I just returned from a two day car trip 8 hours out and 8 hours back with no pain. That never would have happened prior to Tinactin. I have also stopped using all the other items I was using the Dilitiazem, Destin zinc oxide and I also ordered Dr. Wheatgrass you have probably seen advertised and used this as well (although for me I do not think it particularly helped). The only other thing I am doing is using Miralax, fiber but don’t get carried away and a drinking lot of water during this period to keep the BM soft while healing so it is not reinjured, which this combo does for me. I am going through so much detail because this is a horrific ailment and if something might work everyone should know.
geocl224
Fibre Addict

Postby hendrick181 » 13 Apr 2013, 18:35

Gotcha. It is supposed to help with this "constant dull ache" too? I just want to make sure my symptoms are the same....
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby geocl224 » 13 Apr 2013, 18:49

After about 4 months most of my pain from the BM had abated with the use (i think) of non flavored mineral oil, fiber and water. The real pain came after that; for about 8 hours an internal pain due to the earlier BM. It woulld ease up by dinner time but be back again the next morning after the BM. I seemed to be unable to rid myself of this and it was making my life miserable. The Tinactin has taken away the internal pain. I cannot speak to the external pain at BM because as i said it had left me by that time. BTW I rub the ointment over the whole anus (but not in). Hope you find this helpful.
geocl224
Fibre Addict

Postby delasama » 13 Apr 2013, 22:56

no, please don't use it:tinactin is for fungus on the feet or jock itch.
anal fissures need to be treated with anusol or nuprecainal cream.
anal fissures are not from fungus.so don't use anti-fungal stuff on it!
if you have a dr just ask for a prescription for Proctosedyl cream.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby delasama » 13 Apr 2013, 23:06

Tinactin could kill yeast, but a simple anti fungal pill from doctor would work better.i have heard some interesting home remedies on here in the last five months. I don't know about this one though. Sounds kinda scary. I know benefits can out weigh side effects, but I don't want to be a test subject for tinactin.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby clakin1536 » 14 Apr 2013, 07:53

It seems that surgery is the only thing that really works?
clakin1536
Fibre Addict