After 6 mos found something that worked for me

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: After 6 mos found something that worked for me

Postby Guest » 14 Apr 2013, 11:50

The Tinactin remedy has been around for a while now. I first heard about it on the old boardsailor site and the threads were dated 2001. Here's the threads. you be the judge
http://www.boardsailor.com/jack/af/patient_32.htm
We all know that some creams our AFs will laugh at, others our AFs will say what's this supposed to do, and yet others its like adding fuel to the fire. Thankfully though the Tinactin helped make my AF's say...Goodbye, see ya...
GL HTH

Last edited by Guest on 14 Apr 2013, 12:04, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: add

Postby geocl224 » 14 Apr 2013, 22:56

Then again who would have thought a wrinkle drug like a Botox shot in the AF would work for some people. I only share what worked for me in an attempt to pass on something that may be of use. I am not suggesting you use anything.
geocl224
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby PIA » 14 Apr 2013, 23:34

Thanks for your story. I would never discount another persons experience. Some of us can get so desperate for a solution and will give anything a go. I too read about the Tinactin and was dissapointed not to be able to get it in Australia. I have substituted another fungal cream which does seem to have helped. It is not implausable that an antifungal cream could help. There must be a other reasons why some of us don't heal even when the spasm of the sphincter is released. An overgrowth of fungus or bacteria is logical. I have a friend in USA at the moment and have asked her to acquire some for me to add to my arsenal. I posed these questions to my CRS and was dissapointed that he agreed thay were good questions but was unable to answer them.
Some of us will spontaneously heal with very lttle change to our lifestyle and down the line it goes with many methods of healing all the way to the surgical option. My spiritual friend suggested that it was due to my anger and resentment about something that had caused the fissure and it would not go away until I had dealt with it. I got angry with her for saying that but I have taken a good hard look at this as well and it is not without merit.
We are all on our own AF journey all of us wanting the same outcome- healed and pain free. I wish this for all of us no matter which path it takes to get there. Xx Pia
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4