Returning to work after Botox???

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Returning to work after Botox???

Postby jdhouseholder » 14 Apr 2013, 17:53

When is it possible for me to return to work after Botox? I thought maybe I could go in the next day. Just need some advice please on what to expect after the injections. I am only getting Botox, I have already had LIS about a year ago. Thanks in advance for all you out there in AF land!! Image
jdhouseholder
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: Returning to work after Botox???

Postby PIA » 14 Apr 2013, 23:14

Hi, I can only say from myself that I could have gone to work the next day but it would be much kinder on yourself to have a day off. We need to put ourselves first a little more often which is something we AF sufferers are not renowned for. Good luck with the procedure. xxPia
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby jdhouseholder » 15 Apr 2013, 11:19

Thanks so much for the reply PIA!! I really appreciate it. And you are right, we tend not to put ourselves first.
jdhouseholder
Salt Bather

Postby Savaici » 16 Apr 2013, 18:56

Image Good luck with your Botox tomorrow!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby jdhouseholder » 17 Apr 2013, 22:01

Thanks Savaici!! But I emailed my dr yesterday and we have rescheduled for next Thursday. He wanted to do it in the OR instead of the office in case he needed to do anything else while I was sedated. I will keep you posted on how it goes. Thanks again!!
jdhouseholder
Salt Bather

Postby hendrick181 » 21 Apr 2013, 16:14

I went back to work the next day for my 1st and my 2nd botox... I wanted to save any days off in case i needed LIS.... My 2nd round was 4days ago and im still miserable but some have told me it can take up to 2 weeks for the botox to kick in..... Just an fyi....
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby jdhouseholder » 21 Apr 2013, 19:55

hendrick181, thanks for the reply. I have. Question for you. Are you miserable from the actual Botox shots themselves or the fissure? I had LIS and I know how that feels, hoping that this is mild compared because I know I did not go back to work from that for about 8 days.
jdhouseholder
Salt Bather

Postby hendrick181 » 22 Apr 2013, 06:48

Im miserable mostly the spasm which nothing really seems to consistently relieve them but also i feel that sting and burning from the fissure...i think the botox injection site was just a bit sore for a couple days after but still that was about a 2 out of 10 on pain scale...the fissure pain is about 5 and spasm i would say about a of 10.....hope this helps.....
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby jdhouseholder » 22 Apr 2013, 19:51

Thanks!! That gives me something to go by. I hope your spasms settle down. My advice is to go for the LIS, it is worth it! Eventhough I have had a retear, the LIS completely stopped my spasms (until this setback and they aren't terrible this time since having LIS). Now we are just trying to get the blood flowing down there to continue my healing process.
jdhouseholder
Salt Bather