Botox Today!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Botox Today!!

Postby jdhouseholder » 25 Apr 2013, 16:20

I went in at 6 this morning for my Botox procedure. So far I am very sore, he said this was normal. It's not like the pain from LIS, it's different. I've read on here that it takes a bit for it to actually start working, can anyone share their experience with me? I have not had a bm but have been having some gas but really having to squeeze that out. Is that normal? My fissure is more painful today then before I went in but he did tell me that could happen because of the instruments they use during the procedure. He also switched me from miralax to colace because miralax tends to keep me a mess all day because it makes my stools really thin. Anyone ever switch and is colace a good softener? Thanks in advance to your feedback! This is the greatest AF support board Image You all have helped me so much!!
jdhouseholder
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: Botox Today!!

Postby Rachael 1984 » 26 Apr 2013, 02:10

Hi JD, I had Botox on the 4th April. I was sore and have been experiencing tingling and itching. I also had hems banded, so woke up in more pain! The Fissures felt raw again and very open. Prior to the Botox, i was in pain 24/7 and the burning was crazy.After 2/3 weeks i am seeing an improvement. (KNOCK ON LOTS OF WOOD!!)
I have no real pain on BM, I am going straight into sitz bath after BM, then drying the area thoroughly with soft cotton pads, then a hairdrier (Yes a hairdrier). The Nurse told me to keep the area as dry as possible. The CRS prescribed Fybogel, but i found that the BM was huge! so i am taking Movicol. 1/2 a sachet after lunch, then 1 sachet after eve meal. I also find Linseeds, Kiwi fruit and papaya help to keep stools softer. My stools are still largeish but soft! Hope this helps. Image
Last edited by Rachael 1984 on 26 Apr 2013, 02:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typo
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Rachael 1984 » 26 Apr 2013, 02:45

Forgot to say... I have gas, initially it was hard to push it out, but now lots of gas, and sometimes no control, so feels like I could poop! Eek CRS said this is normal after Botox.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby jdhouseholder » 26 Apr 2013, 08:25

Rachael, thanks so much for your reply! Glad you are having pain free days!! When I had LIS I would use a hair dryer also on the surgical site. My fissure is several inches into the canal so you cannot visually see it so its hard to keep it dry. I am very sore this morning, like I have been punched up there but it is manageable. Just ready for those pain free days and healing for us all!!
jdhouseholder
Salt Bather

Postby jdhouseholder » 26 Apr 2013, 08:28

Oh yeah and the gas right now is hard to push out. I hope later I don't have any embarrassing moments........I teach jr. high, so you can only imagine! Image
jdhouseholder
Salt Bather

Postby mail2san » 26 Apr 2013, 09:47

Hi jd - glad to hear from you. How are you doing? I used colace and still using it. It's a good stool softener,but I feel that its very mild. Had a question, when your fissure retore did that bleed?
Please do update us on your progress. Wish you a quick healing.
mail2san
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby owmybum » 26 Apr 2013, 11:50

I hope you have a speedy recovery jd, keep us posted wont you!
I am due to go in for Botox soon, so would be interested to see how you are doing!
Sending healing thoughts your way!
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby jdhouseholder » 26 Apr 2013, 14:46

Hi mail2san! I am doing pretty good. Just really sore. Yes, my fissure bled when it retore. It has only ever bled twice. Once when it initially happened and then when it retore. How are you doing??
Owmybum, thanks for the blessings! I will posts updates on the Botox for sure. Right now just pretty sore from the injections. Waiting on it to kick in I guess. I really don't know when to expect that. Hoping it gets the blood to flowing and heal me up once and for all!
jdhouseholder
Salt Bather

Postby mail2san » 26 Apr 2013, 20:29

Thanks for your reply jd. Am doing good. My present situation is fluctuating. I had blood now and then, but am not in too much pain. Is this normal? I had a little burning after some bm's but it is manageable. Just waiting to see my crs. Hope I get rid off this pain soon. Keep us posted and take care.
mail2san
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby jdhouseholder » 27 Apr 2013, 15:19

Seeing blood is normal. And sounds as your pain has subsided some, which is great news! When do you see your CRS? Just make sure to stay on your stool softener.
I am still pretty sore from the botox and I can't tell if it has even kicked in yet. I hope this wasn't just for nothing. Feeling a little bummed today.
jdhouseholder
Salt Bather