I had my surgery this morning

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

I had my surgery this morning

Postby suzyljank » 26 Apr 2013, 16:44

Hi, I'm in the hospital , I might be here fore a few days. Turns out my scar tissue was really bad. I had double flap surgery. The doctor scraped away the scar tissue on two sides and slid a piece of new tissue into it's place. Where he took the donor tissue he left it open to regenerate new skin. He did this so there was no tension on the flaps. He said this was going to be a painful recovery and they will doing whatever is need to manage it. I' e already had few cring episodes( just me feeling sorry for myself). I just got some meds in my IV so I'm going to try to get some sleep. Thank you to everyone for all of your kind words. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Re: I had my surgery this morning

Postby jr2 » 26 Apr 2013, 17:07

Suzy,
It's so good to hear from you . I've been thinking so much about you today and didn't think we'd hear from you for awhile. I'm so glad your surgery went okay and that at least you have the anxiety of the decision and preparation over with. I know it must feel scary and so big and overwhelming right now so fresh from your surgery and all the healing that is to come. But it sounds like you have an excellent doctor who is really keeping your pain levels as you recover in the forefront of his mind. It's also a relief to know you will be in the hospital to be cared for round the clock and given the medicines you need in your IV.
We're here for you in the ways we can be via the Internet. Spill the tears when you need to.
Sending you a big hug and cheering you on through your recovery.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Ozark English » 26 Apr 2013, 18:32

All the best to you, Suzy. Sounds like a tough start, but I hope your healing goes well. I agree with JR, at least you have the lead-up done with now - hope you're in a place where you get some good care and catch a little good luck, too.
PS - I just saw in your other thread you were cooking to keep yourself busy in the lead-up. I'm glad to see I'm not the only other person that does that!
Ozark English
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby owmybum » 27 Apr 2013, 02:23

So glad it's all done now Suzy.
You are in the best place now to manage your pain.. Straight into the IV. I'm glad they are keeping such a good eye on you.
Thank you for posting an update... I think practically everyone on the board must be thinking about you... All over the world!!!
Keep us posted....
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby PIA » 27 Apr 2013, 04:51

We are all thinking of you from all over the world. Don't hesitate in asking for pain relief . Image Image
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby suzyljank » 27 Apr 2013, 05:15

Thank you. I'm hurting right now. They gave me dilaudid but it made me to nauseous. I'm taking toradol and acetametaphine right now and I can have Valium if I spasm. I'm grateful they are keeping me in the hospital to work my meds out. Since I have 2 flaps finding the right position is hard. I just have to suck it up and take it one day at a time I guess. Thanks again everyone. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby jdhouseholder » 27 Apr 2013, 09:40

Suzy, I am sending you well wishes and so glad you are now on your way to healing! Sounds like you have a wonderful dr!! Glad they are keeping you to manage the pain. Wishing you a speedy recovery!! jd Image
jdhouseholder
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Savaici » 27 Apr 2013, 16:18

Thinking of you, Suzy. One day down. Must be great doctor to actually take the time to help manage the pain. Just so happy for you that the surgery is over and it's all up from here. Just remember we all have you in our thoughts and know your strength from the forum. Big big gentle hug Image
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby jr2 » 28 Apr 2013, 00:17

Suzy,
If you're still having trouble with nausea and you need stronger pain medication, Zofran is an anti-nausea medication that can be given along with your pain medicine .
I hope you're finding you're able to get as much sleep as possible.
Thinking of you and wishing you well as you head into your next day of recovery.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby ravians » 28 Apr 2013, 00:34

get well soon Suzy.... relatively new to this forum.....MAY our Lord bless u with health soon n u come back to normal life. take care if yourself.
ravians
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3