What would you do?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: What would you do?

Postby Savaici » 27 Apr 2013, 09:35

Mangomonica, I can quite understand your fear with the thought of Crohn's as a possible diagnosis in the background. However, you have two CRS looking after you, and that is a step in the right direction.
Cherylk, one of our administrators, has Crohn's (she is not here that often) and she posted this link that may be useful should you get the diagnosis: http://www.Crohnsforum.com
Good luck with your surgery next week. We will be here for you. Image
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby mangomonica » 03 May 2013, 20:48

Hi...thought I would post an update.went in for my LIS today second attempt. Second CRS was present in the OR for second opinion as I stated earlier in the thread my biopsy results showed possible crohns and query if LIS would be appropriate for me due to possible IBD. So my second opinion confirms it does look like crohns and I woke up with no LIS again but instead some anal injections of steroids, antibiotics and more biopsies taken. The pain is brutal now and I am petrified to have a bum. Going to soak in the tub. Follow up is planned for next week where a plan can be made for treatment.
Will this ever end??? (Sobbing)
mangomonica
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby owmybum » 04 May 2013, 01:59

Hi mangomonica,
So sorry you ended up getting a chrons diagnosis and no lis... You must be very upset at the moment.
The little bit of good news you got out of this is that you can get appropriate treatment for your fissure now they know why you won't heal. Don't worry..... There IS a way forward for you.... Just not the one you were thinking of.
OMB xx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !