I had my surgery this morning

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: I had my surgery this morning

Postby suzyljank » 28 Apr 2013, 04:35

Hi, had a really rough night. Got diarrhea. I have to clean very careful after each movement even if I just urinate. Because I have a double flap I can"t feel it to we'll yet so you really have to be close to the restroom. Unfortunately I had a few accidents and felt awful. I finally got a little sleep. I"s going to take me a while to get used to passing something larger than a pea. That' how bad my stenosis had become. Thanks for the tip about zofron it works great. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby ravians » 28 Apr 2013, 04:42

sorry to hear that but soon u will b pain free. clock of tough time is running short. u will start feeling better in couple hours. take care
ravians
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Rachael 1984 » 28 Apr 2013, 06:32

Hi Suzy, hope you are okay. I am sending my hugs to you. Thinking of you, you will get your life back. Image
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Savaici » 28 Apr 2013, 11:09

Image Image Image
We are all here for you! Every day is a day that you do not have to repeat.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby owmybum » 28 Apr 2013, 14:20

Hang on in there Suzy.... Hope your diorreah settles down, but at least your still numb down there!
We are all thinking about you...you should be proud of yourself... You are stronger than you think!!
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby momof7 » 28 Apr 2013, 14:57

I'm presurgery, and plagued with anal tension even when the spasms aren't killing me. I too have times with gas pressure so high that I have to push it out...and until I hear it I assume it is a BM. If I can't tell the difference now, I sure won't be able to after surgery. ha ha.
Suzy, try to be brave...then just cry, and then get brave again. I'm doing that in a totally different area of my life. I love what Savaici said, "Every day is a day that you do not have to repeat." I praise my God for that.
Best wishes!!!!!!!
momof7
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby suzyljank » 28 Apr 2013, 16:50

Hi, I'm home from the hospital. It feels good to be in my own bed. First thing I did was hug my dogs and take a shower. I still have diarrhea and lots of gas. Because my flap was on both side I don't feel it too well yet. They told me when the flap takes I'll have more feeling. So you either make it to the bathroom in time and on occassion you don't , that's been the hardest part for me. My husband learned how to clean the wound and do the packing and sometime I have to go right back to the bathroom and we have to start all over again. He's been fantastic. I'm starting slow on my diet and no stool softener until after the diarrhea stops. He keeps wanting to take a picture of my bum to show me what it looks like but I don't want to know. From what I can feel there are two areas with no skin at all. This will regenerate without tension in the rectal area. My stenosis was worse than even I thought so I'm glad the surgery is over with. Because of the way the surgery was performed I can sit a little. It can get uncomfortable but I lay down most of the time. Reading everyones posts and well wishes helped me so much. They tried some wacky medication on me, dilaudin was the worst. I didn't like it a bit, made me so sick. I wound up using toradol until today. You can't use it long term. They gave me norco an zofran to take at home if the pain gets bad but right now I'm using ibuprofen 600 mgs. and tylenotl 640 mgs. Thanks again to all of you. Suzy
suzyljank

Postby jr2 » 28 Apr 2013, 19:10

Suzy,
So glad you're home and can enjoy your own bed. Big yay!
It's wonderful to hear your husband is being such a super nurse. Hugs for him too. It's really the most beautiful part of these really hard hard experiences. To get to experience the loving care you have for one another in a totally different way.
Another day almost done.
onward and upward.
(hoping the diarrhea calms down soon, but I can't help but be relieved that you aren't having to cope with constipation, which seems like it would be a worse problem.)
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby owmybum » 29 Apr 2013, 12:01

Glad to hear you're home now Suzy.
What a wonderful husband you have.... That's true love isn't it!! Image
I hope your diorreah subsides really soon.
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby suzyljank » 29 Apr 2013, 22:05

Hi, I've been very uncomfortable today. Been managing pain with ibuprofen and Tylenol. I'm excited to say I had my very first normal sized BM this evening. It burns like heck right now but I'm so excited. I haven't been able to pass anything wider than a straw in over 5 years. I just took 1/2 of a Norco and zofran and am drinking my miralax. Hope this helps me sleep tonight. My CRS cut the miralax back to every other day now. Have to see how that goes. I have a long way to go but am just taking it a day at a time. I was so terrified with having flap surgery that I put it off for a long time. All I can say is if you have a good doctor that you trust listen to his recommendation whether, it's LIS, Botox or a flap. I'll keep posting as each day goes by and hopefully someday soon this chapter in my life will have a good ending. All the best to everyone Suzy.
suzyljank