Perianal Cellulitis

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Perianal Cellulitis

Postby Vin » 23 Apr 2013, 18:58

Hello all been a while since I last posted here been busy with work and a new puppy. My fissures seem to be doing better nitro, a bland diet, and miralax. However I have had a stubborn rash for many months associated with my fissure and I have tried every cream or potion under the sun to reverse this to no avail. Lately I have noticed my nitro cream burns like hell. Intense sustained burn for 10-15 minutes after application which is different than when I started. In addition or as a result of my rash or fissures I have been getting some chicken pock like bumps on my rear and of course the itching can be off the charts everywhere around the bum. While searching for an answer on what these bumps are I ran across some information on Perianal Cellultis which I will abbreviate as PC for the rest of this post. PC is treated with antibiotics and can be present after strep or sore throats but not in all cases. My current condition sounds allot like this and pictures on google images are very similar. I have been thinking to see a dermatologist for some time to deal with this rash it will be interesting to hear what the dermo will say. I bring it up here to see if anyone else picked this up as an add on in the frustrating world of fissures. Image Also to point it out to people who have not been able to achieve results with irritation on the conventional cremes. I will surely update after seeing a dermo for some answers. Could be a while to see one due to my locale so be patient and chime in if you ever heard about or were diagnosed with PC.
Best
Vin
Vin
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Re: Perianal Cellulitis

Postby Vin » 27 Apr 2013, 18:56

So I was able to get in and see a dermatologist due to a cancellation. He thinks the rash is due to over cleaning the anal area although he will make a final determination on that when I see him again in one week. I got a prescription for corticosteroid cream twice per day for one week. Only supposed to use toilet paper with a moisturizing cleanser like Balneol no wipes or tucks. Things actually seem much better in 24 hours but we shall see how things are over the course of a week.
Vin
Salt Bather

Postby jr2 » 29 Apr 2013, 10:17

Vin,
So glad you got in to see the doctor and you've got an idea of what happened. Are you still seeing improvement?
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Vin » 30 Apr 2013, 18:07

Yes, still seeing improvement I will be very happy if I can kick this rash. Having chronic fissures is enough of an issue the extra problems that come with it can make things overwhelming.
Vin
Salt Bather