New to the forum, hope I can get some much needed help!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New to the forum, hope I can get some much needed help!

Postby AnxietyGrl » 08 May 2013, 15:48

Thanks guys! Yes, I have read some of the horror stories. I feel so bad for those that are dealing with 100x worse than me.
Thanks for making me smile today. I really needed it. Was kinda depressed today. :)
AnxietyGrl
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby marg6043 » 08 May 2013, 16:27

AnxietyGrl, you know what worked for me the best when I was depressed in pain and alone, the boards and the stories and experiences of those that had been where I was and already doing better.
That was the best therapy I got. :D
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby east_123 » 08 May 2013, 23:23

Hi AnxietyGirl, you didn't mention whether you are taking any fibre supplement. but since you put 'fibre addict' I presume you are taking plenty of fibre! I have anxiety myself and so my motion is often on the runny side (due to insufficient digestion and fluid absorption). but since I have been taking fybogel, it has become more solid. So even though your anxiety is giving you bad digestion (if by this you mean diarrhoea?), then fybogel should help to solidify your stool before it reaches the opening and prevent diarrhoea. Anyway, it doesn't matter how you feel (depressed or anxious), your body has its own healing power too, so just let your body do the job!
Hope you get well soon! Image
east_123
Fibre Addict

Postby AnxietyGrl » 09 May 2013, 09:56

Hi east_123,
I am currently not taking any kind of fiber supplement. I was, but Metamucil was making my BM's kinda weird and gel-like, so I stopped. I was then taking a generic form of Benefiber, but I was still experiencing diarrhea and very soft/watery stools, so I stopped. To be honest, I am just so confused as to what to eat, what not to eat and am actually having extreme anxiety and stress related to food. I often have no appetite and am afraid to eat at times. I have never heard of Fybogel. My doc recommended that I take Cirtucel, but I'm just nervous that my system will get too used to it and then won't be able to function normally without it. It's strange because eating more fiber, fruits and veggies, etc. sounds easy, but I'm having a REALLY hard time with what specific things to eat right now. I was seeing a nutritionist, but unfortunately, I'm still CONFUSED. Ugh!
AnxietyGrl
Fibre Addict

Postby east_123 » 11 May 2013, 17:39

I know what you mean gel-like, I think fybogel does the same. that's why I have reduced the dosage from 2 to 0.5 sachet per day. I found that although Fybogel will bulk up and soften the bulk of one single motion, however, if your bowel is not completely empty, the last bit of stool would be bulky in the next BM and become a little dried out and therefore painful to get out.. anyway, I guess you probably don't have this problem. About what specifically to eat, I guess you could try to experiment yourself, and see what works well for you for yourself. Actually, I think you are already really brave to have gone through colonoscopy! I know I should really get that done to rule out any problem further up but I am too paranoid that it will make my AF worse! Take care, and do keep us posted!
east_123
Fibre Addict