Post op care after Botox?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Post op care after Botox?

Postby Asore Arse » 21 May 2013, 15:59

Hello All
I'm new to posting here, but I've read lots of interesting and informative posts. I'd appreciate some views on how to care for my backside ....since I've had an EUA and Botox today. I got mixed advice......ok to bathe straight away.....to keep it dry for a few days, and just dab with sterilised water after a BM. Any ideas.....? Thanks for your help.
Asore Arse
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Re: Post op care after Botox?

Postby Asore Arse » 22 May 2013, 05:49

Hello - I realise I was spaced out from the gen anesthetiser when I posted yesterday......so I don't think my original post was very clear oops, sorry. So what I am wanting to ask for help with is how to look after my bum immediately after having an EUA and Botox injection for my apparently 'big' fissure. I was told by the surgeon that it would be ok to have baths etc straight away. The nurse however stressed keeping the area clean and dry for a few days, and to wash the area with sterile water after a BM to clean it and then dry it. So I am confused as to how best to look after the area. Please help? Do you think it's ok to start using coconut oil straight away? Thanks
Asore Arse
Salt Bather

Postby Rachael 1984 » 22 May 2013, 08:07

Hello a sore arse! Love the name. I had Botox six weeks ago. I had sitz baths immediately after BM. Then I was told to pat dry, or dry with a hairdrier on cool. I have only just introduced coconut oil in the bath now. I was told to keep it as dry as possible after bathing. I always take movicol after Dinner and only pat with wet wipes(non scented) after BM before bath. I continue with this regime every day. Also Diet is important, keep everything soft, and Fibre, but not too much! The CRS told me to take Fybogel too, but I found it bulked me up too much! Ugh. Good luck, hope you can heal. This forum is a great support network.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Asore Arse » 22 May 2013, 13:58

Hello Rachael
Many thanks for your helpful reply. I decided to put a little coconut oil just on the outside (before I'd read your response), its v early days for me, so far I feel ok, but then I'm on painkillers and I haven't had a BM yet. We'll see..... I hope to keep updating here about my progress. I seem to be one of the few people who have the opposite trouble in that I don't get constipation my prob is I have BM that are too loose, so I have to work on firming them up. Avoiding wheat and alcohol (sadly) seems to be key for me. Hope things are going well for your recovery, and yes this network if great! Just about getting the hang of how to post now, but have been reading posts for ages. I had a fissure 10 yrs ago and LIS which helped at the time, but left me with a fistula- which healed over time with v strict cleaning regime and time, much time. Anyway seem to have a fissure again now. I'm also interested in he many people feel they hold tension (stress related) in that muscle. You know people hold tension in different areas of their bodies....I def hold it here, when I catch myself I can relax it, but I'm sure his is what makes for high testing tension in me! Anyway...enough for now, thanks for your help. Asore
Asore Arse
Salt Bather

Postby Rachael 1984 » 22 May 2013, 15:29

Sorry to hear you have another Fissure after having had LIS. Yes stress and tension definitely plays a part. Because I was in so much pain prior to Botox, I didn't want to wake up, was tense, stressed and anxious beyond belief. Taking anti anxiety meds has helped me no end. When the CRS went in with the camera, I had hems too, which were banded! I woke up in more pain! After 3 weeks I started to feel the effects of the Botox. I have good and bad days. Unfortunately I had a setback on Monday, I felt pain again at one of the Fissure sites (I have 2 of the monsters) I nearly died, as I had been doing well. Today has been a little better. I have a Botox Hem Diary if you want to have a look! There are some rants on there! I hope you can heal. How soon did you get the Botox after getting this Fissure? I have gone for 8 months and it has been sheer hell! Keep us posted on how you are doing. Image
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Asore Arse » 23 May 2013, 05:55

Hi Rachael
So sorry to hear your having setbacks. And two!! Fissures, yikes. I had the LIS 10 yrs ago, so I suppose it's not bad going that I've lasted 10 yrs before another fissure(although had fistula for many years), I deal heal after the LIS, so I'm hoping that the botox ill work as its supposed to do the same thing as LIS temporarily, my CRS said it has 2/3 success rates so fingers crossed for us both!! I had my fissure for the past 8 or I months too. I do find the rectogesic does ease the pain and I've got used to the initial head rush .....I plan to keep using the recto alongside the botox. Will see how it goes and update here occasionally. I will read your diary too so I can see how u r gettin on, bye for now.
Asore Arse
Salt Bather