Too Much Fiber... Alternative snacks?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Too Much Fiber... Alternative snacks?

Postby torninhell » 29 Jun 2013, 09:38

Hi guys, I'm healing at last but at the same time I'm having trouble with my diet. Apparently I get too much fiber which causes me to have very huge BMs and I can't see that being very healthy for a healing bum... so I need your help! Can I please have suggestions as to alternative snacks in between meals that have little to no fiber? :)
During meals I usually eat a balanced plate, carbs, protein and fiber... so I'm not too worried about that. What really packs on the fiber for me is the snacking cause I only have like oatmeal cookies, crackers, bread, fruits and veggies... All of them whole. As much as possible I'd like to avoid white rice/breads. Also I can't have too much meat as it constipates me.
Anything else is fair game. Really hoping you guys can help because honestly I don't know what I can eat anymore! Image 
torninhell
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: Too Much Fiber... Alternative snacks?

Postby Guest » 29 Jun 2013, 15:04

Yogurt, fruits like grapes and oranges, nectarines, peaches, plums, apples, are great soluble fiber snacks for starters.
Raisins like many of these other fruits are also proposed to have both soluble and insoluble properties so you get the best of both worlds.
try experimenting with these safely and see how your consistency goes.
GL HTH

Postby Please go-away! » 30 Jun 2013, 11:54

Oh I agree with Buttastic , especially raisin Love them in my morning
Oatmeal.
I usually have my oatmeal with a teaspoon of ground flax, then I add
a 1/4 of diced apple, chopped raisins(1 teaspoon) and a pinch of cinnamon, yum all while it heats up and cooks in the microwave.
You just have to watch it so it doesn't boil over.
It never fails, I always have a BM after words, and smooth sailing..lol, my problem is, I still tend to get spasms and slight pain, it occurs gradually after wards, but it can be manageable.
Oye vay our owy bums , whats a person to do.Image 
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Guest » 30 Jun 2013, 13:53

analfissure.editboard.com/t6683-fissure-friendly-snacks?highlight=snacks
For more ideals on fissure friendly snacks..(few months ago here)
HTH GL
Please go-away!
Oat meal and raisins cant beat it, I love it too. You ever try steaming oatmeal with yogurt on top, simply scrumptious.

Postby JaimeDeschain » 16 Aug 2019, 05:50

Guest wrote:analfissure.editboard.com/t6683-fissure-friendly-snacks?highlight=snacks
For more ideals on fissure friendly snacks..(few months ago here)
HTH GL
Please go-away!
Oat meal and raisins cant beat it, I love it too. You ever try steaming oatmeal with yogurt on top, simply scrumptious.

Link is down.. is there a similar thread on this site?
JaimeDeschain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8