Final visit to CRS after double flap surgery.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Final visit to CRS after double flap surgery.

Postby momof7 » 28 Jun 2013, 09:14

Aimonaali, please have your CRS check out the medication specialty compounding service Total Pain Solutions in USA. It made my ****burning**** spasms go away and kept me working through two months as a school bus driver.
https://www.totalpainrx.com/
I paid about $250 out of pocket for a 60 grams. I made my first 30 gram supply last about 4 weeks.
For more info about my topical medication do a board search of Total Pain Solutions, topics and posts. One ofthem has all the ingredients my cream had. You could ask your doc about it.
I hate to know there are people suffering when there is help. I noticed a difference, a HUGE difference by the end of the first week, whereas the nifedipine/lidocaine made only a tiny difference.
momof7
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby torninhell » 29 Jun 2013, 10:08

Congratulations Suzy! I've been following your journey for a while and I am so happy that you are slowly moving past all the pain on your way to healing! I cross my fingers and hope that you continue on this path. :)
torninhell
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Ever the Optimist » 29 Jun 2013, 10:58

Hi Suzy,
I too have been following your posts and have read of all the difficulties and frustrations you've been through.
You must be over the moon and hopefully that meeting with your CRS will be enough to fill you with all the confidence and renewed strength and determination to get back and lead a more normal life again.
I was really interested to read about the stretching of the scar tissue too and I guess for most of us that have not been through your situation, this is something that possibly happens quite naturally every time we have a BM?? It's also interesting he gave you a 2 year target too as I feel even with my own experience that it does take longer than the year you often read about.
Great to read the stitches finally dissolved! One less thing to focus on and it sounds like you are finally on your way to being better! Really happy for you and hoping you continue on a smooth and completely successful path to full recovery...That dental implant will probably be a breeze after everything else and at least you know it will take no way near the length of time to get over it!!!!
Wishing you all the very best and thank you being a huge inspiration to us all :) 
Image Image Image Image Image
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Guest » 29 Jun 2013, 12:21

suzyljank
Keep pursuing whatever avenue you have to until you find what helps you.

You took the words right out of my mouth with that one. That's what its all about suzyljank. We hope everything from here on will be only improvements and no set-backs. Do us all a big favor (not the least of being a favor to self) by staying on top of things and a full recovery is eminent.
Were pulling for you especially these next 2 years. Please do not let anything get you off track whether its diet or stress or on the job or whatever. But we know you can do it. You already made it to the top and now your in "damage control".
keep us posted...

Postby Rachael 1984 » 01 Jul 2013, 03:58

Great Suzy, you are an amazing woman, giving us all hope and encouragement that we can get through these trying times.
Image Image Best of luck to you and that you can carry on, on the road to recovery. xx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby marg6043 » 01 Jul 2013, 20:54

suzyljank so happy for you, but I have to agree with you that once we have changes in that part of the body life is never the same, we can never ever let our guard down.
You come a long way in your journey of healing and you have experienced a lot of pain and suffering, but never lost your positive look of life.
Is nothing but better days for you ahead.Image 
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby tb1 » 11 Jul 2013, 08:54

I've been following your progress too Suzy. I avoided the anal fissure, but am watching this group because of my anal stenosis after hemorrhoid surgery. I see my CRS again today to check my status. He's hoping to avoid anoplasty, but has mentioned it as a possibility. At this point are you having any poop leakage? I just worry about making things worse than they are.
tb1

Postby suzyljank » 11 Jul 2013, 09:43

Hi tb1, I'm eleven weeks out tomorrow and doing well. I had a discharge after surgery for almost 8 weeks. I am continuing to dilate each morning and it has helped tremendously. I take less than a dose of miralax each evening and no more fiber supplements. I find that sometimes after a bm I will get a little streaking on my undies but I am not allowed to use toilet paper or wipe in any way for a year because I had a double flap done. I think I just don't always rinse so well. It's no big deal and doesn't happen very much. Before the surgery I wore a pad at bedtime now I don't. My CRS told me I had good rectal tone before the surgery. I was worried about leakage too so don't be afraid. If your CRS suggest the surgery do it. I wish I would have done it a lot sooner, I may have been able to get away with just one flap. It's a tough surgery but not as bad as you think. I had pain but with pain meds I kept the level of pain around a 3-4 at the most. I also took a lot of stress off of myself by preparing for the surgery. I went kind of overboard but I made sure I precooked my meals and had all the supplies I needed. It helped distract me too. If you have any questions about the surgery or recovery please ask. I'll try my best to answer. I wish you luck at the CRS. Take care, Suzy.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby aimonaali » 12 Jul 2013, 12:38

So can the flap surgery cause leakage or incontinence..? I figured that since they don't cut the muscle, there shouldn't be problems like that.
Also, do you happen to know if it matters where the fissure is when having a flap surgery? I mean, can it be too far inside or something..? :/
aimonaali
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby suzyljank » 12 Jul 2013, 14:21

Hi, I guess any rectal surgery has risks but flap surgery is what they do for people who can't have LIS. My flaps went quite a way inside. I already had LIS in 2008. My problem was severe anal stenosis. The doctor removed quick a bit of scar tissue and the old fissure and tags. That's why it was a double flap. Make sure you have a good CRS. Hope this helps. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic