Negative experience with Botox?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Negative experience with Botox?

Postby pinpin » 30 Jun 2013, 13:12

Hello,
I am counting all pros and cons for the Botox injection. And I found on the forum three scenarios of doing it
1. It helped and permanently healed
2. It helped and temporary healed
3. It did nothing.
Though it seems it may either help or do nothing.
Are there any negative experiences? Can it do something worse than is?
Since my external hemmie removal, I am so afraid not only of any CRS examination, but particularly from any intervention down there.
Please advice on negative side effect of Botox
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Re: Negative experience with Botox?

Postby WelshDoubleFissure » 30 Jun 2013, 14:17

Hi igrik, I'm 16 days post Botox & double fissurectomy, after 4 years of pain. I went through all the creams and none of them helped. Although I'm in the very early stages of Botox, I'm staying positive because today I had 2 BMs with no pain and barely any pain in the following hours. I'm relying heavily on my diet being right, lots of water, Diltiazam and Movicol.
Looking through some of the LIS threads, it seems like those guys are in more healing pain than me. I was in horrendous pain before the surgery and willing to try anything, luckily Botox was available for me and I was out of hospital the same day and experienced no pain whatsoever until my first BM 4 days later.
It was the most excruciating pain I've ever felt, I was inconsolable, in tears and unable to sit or stand. But 16 days later I'm in a much better place.
Like I said I'm relying heavily on my diet being right and will probably have to do this for months now. In the grand scheme of things, eating carefully is not a huge ask, I'm feeling better in myself generally and the uptake on water is also having a great affect on me.
It's not a negative perspective by any means but felt I could advise you on my circumstances. I had no issues with the injection points and no incontinence. I wasn't sure if it had kicked in yet, but according to the lovely people on here, they've advised me that my lack of pain suggests it probably has.
I had my fissures excised from chronic to acute, which means its like I've rewound to 4 years ago when it all began and I've now got a fighting chance to heal them. The problem will be keeping them healed. Diet is key.
Hope this helps, it's such a huge decision especially when cost is an issue. Fortunately living in the UK, it's all available for us, but I can imagine spending money on a procedure that may fail is a daunting prospect.
Chin up,
Welsh x
WelshDoubleFissure
VIP

Topics: 4

Postby pinpin » 03 Jul 2013, 09:24

Hello
Anyone saw negative experience to be posted on forum for botox injections ?
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby suzyljank » 03 Jul 2013, 10:22

Hi the only negative outcome I know is my friend had Botox twice and the second time she got an abscess at the injection site and developed a fistula. That can happen with any butt surgery though. Usually if Botox helps but you're still hurting after it wears off LIS is the next step. Most CRS use Botox for acute fissures. It's more difficult to heal a chronic fissure and keep it healed with Botox. LIS is used more often for chronic ones.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby trieditall » 03 Jul 2013, 13:53

Hi,
I had a negative experience with botox alone. I had an injection in December and my fissure became much, much worse after the procedure. They really have to stretch you to do the injection and my fissure ripped much, much deeper than ever before. As a result, I formed a large skin tag and a lot of extra scar tissue. It wasn't the botox itself, but the procedure. I didn't go back to that doctor. I recently (Monday!) had another round of botox, this time with a fissurectomy, to remove tag and scar tissue. So, I would personally not do the botox alone again, but I did feel the effects... more relaxed in the muscle, but I had been so badly re-torn that it didn't help me heal overall. I'm hoping the combination of procedures will be the fix!
trieditall
Salt Bather

Topics: 10