Ouch, Ouch, Ouch :-(

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Ouch, Ouch, Ouch :-(

Postby Rachael 1984 » 23 Jul 2013, 15:04

Great to hear you have an appointment little miss S. interesting about the Diltiazem! One GP at my practice, wouldn't prescribe it to me because of the cost! Huh, she was okay wasn't she! Not suffering with this hell, she didn't give a damn! So I swapped to a better doctor and she gave me the Dilt! (The gun held to her head swayed it) lol. I was so desperate after the Nitro didn't work, I would have used anything up my bottom to kill the monsters! Didn't care if it wasn't licensed, I was suicidal! Hopefully you can heal before any surgical intervention. Good luck.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Please go-away! » 23 Jul 2013, 16:25

I'm so happy for you Sunshine, what a fitting name..Image 
Hay that's a great idea, Welsh, I have been writing down most of my progress,especially the kicked in the butt feeling after a BM..is this permanent?..Definitely a question to ask my Doctor.
Have a great evening. Image 
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 24 Jul 2013, 00:12

Hi sunshine.  I just want to encourage you to keep going on your regimen (and pursuit of helpful ointments).  I saw both a naturopath and mainstream CRS PA (Physician's assistant, not the surgeon).  The first gave me 'minimal' chance of healing without surgery and said my AF was very large and at the top end of severity (he's been doing this for 37 years!).  Yet, he was the one who helped me get started on dietary changes.  The PA was less specific (and helpful) and just said...well the ointments haven't eliminated the pain...so...implying time for surgery.  He also said dietary change are key whether you opt for surgery or not.  However, my pain levels continued to slowly improve so I didn't opt for surgery.  It has taken a lot of time (months) and been very difficult.  I, too, started with pain levels that required special breathing (think childbirth classes) and biting on something just to get through the BM.  I wondered if I would pass out on the toilet!  I also have had the experience of not being able to have a BM without some degree of pushing because of the unconscious clamping down of the sphincter muscle as soon as it all starts!  I'm not 100% but about 85% and continuing to improve.  Everyone has to decide their own best path with available care, but I just wanted to encourage you to keep on.  It's great that you have better days and I do hope you get effective ointment to help with the spasm pain (I also liked diltiazem, but haven't always had that.  I also have been helped by nifedipine).  The naturopath prescribed 5% lidocaine (pain relief), whereas the PA could only order 1.5% lidocaine (mixed with the nifedipine).  Even the 5% didn't make the pain go away during BM's but it took the edge off a little.  Wishing YOU painfree days ahead! :D
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby Sunshine » 24 Jul 2013, 09:50

Rachael that did make me laugh about the gun to the head, glad you got the cream :D 
At the beginning, I was in so much agony every day, I even ordered some Chinese cream that is meant to help these little SHARKS. (surely a little "fish" couldnt cause THAT much pain!)
Anyway, one of my sisters (vegetarian) was quite shocked and said the cream might have been made with endagered animal for all I know... to which I replied...The level of pain I am in, I would melt down my own Granny and stick her up my Bum if it was a guarentee cure!!!! She kinda got the message :D 
As you say, If the Doc, or anyone, had ever had these evil things, they would know that we are dealing with a level of pain that cannot possibly be explained in the human language. Maybe Mork or ET have a word for it!
Childbirth, hahaha I laugh in the face of Baby's head "Crowning" Try "Crowning" every single day for weeks at every single BM, not like we can even opt for a C section for Poo!!
Please Go Away, I think the kicked in the butt feeling, is the trauma of what our poor butts have just been through during a BM. Even when it isnt a painfull one, just the fact thats its been used kind of leaves a bruised throbbing feeling.
It will be interesting to see what the Docs say is the reason though, you may find you have to actually kick your Doc up the Butt with a size 9 work boot though, for them to really give an acurate explanation!!
Just "Pain" Tired, so good to hear that you are getting there on your own. I know Surgery is sadly a "no choice" thing for so many people, and it has also had some brilliant results. But I want to do everything in my power to prevent it and touch wood, I seem to be winning. I read a blog about a guy who took certain vitamins for his, and it worked wonders. So I went and got them all and have been on them for two weeks today. I can honestly say, I am SOO much better than I was two weeks ago. I havent had a "Broken Glass" BM for over a week. I know it may not be just down to the vitamins. Im soing Sitz 3 times a day, complete fibre healthy diet, rectogesic twice a day etc. But for the last four days, I have only needed pain killers once each day, and just have this feeling that Im winning.
Having an appointment with the CRS next month is like red rag to a bull with me, as it makes me SOO determined to be fixed by then hehe.
Thank you for your encouragement, I shall continue and see where I end up.
What were you told to eat? It's always helpful to know if there is something else im not doing.
Thank you all soo much for your replys. Wishing you all pain free BMs, & total healthy happy lives.
Image X
Sunshine
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 24 Jul 2013, 13:41

Hi sunshine,
Ive been reading your posts i was so like you at the start of my journey & I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better and managing these last few days. I hope you heal without surgery. Unfortunately for me the natural way didnt work so i tried botox twice didnt work so i ended up having Lis, fissurectomy and tag removal 6 wks ago today and im free of pain. If you have to travel the surgery route dont be afraid its so much easier to deal with than pooping razor blades.
I had to laugh at your " Childbirth, hahaha I laugh in the face of Baby's head "Crowning" Try "Crowning" every single day for weeks at every single BM, not like we can even opt for a C section for Poo!! " its so hard to explain the pain to people but thats a start lol
I wish you the best take care:sunny: 
Deleted User 2543

Postby Sunshine » 24 Jul 2013, 14:06

Hiya Edel94,
Wow congratulations on being pain free!! You must feel amazing Image 
I shall go read your story.
I do completely appreciate that Surgery can end up being the only option, and it's comforting to know about success stories like you. And don't get me wrong, if that broken glass pooping starts again, I wont hessitate if I have tried every possible thing and it still hasnt worked.
I guess surgery is the last resort for all of us, but this thing as we know, can have a mind of its own.
I know when I was at my worst for two weeks , I couldn't sit, stand, lay down or walk without being in so much pain, and every BM was like having barbed wire pulled out of me slowly, I was at the cure me or kill me stage then, and was sent to hospital where I would have let the Surgeon do whatever he wanted to do just stop the pain. But he sent me home with a tube of cream! So I do totally get the need to have surgery.
Untill then, I shall keep fighting the fight. And keep telling myself I can do this. My nasty Thrombosed External Hemorrhoid and Fissure, are gonna be histiory.
Well that's the Plan....and im sticking to it haha
Best Wishes Image  X
Sunshine
Salt Bather

Postby Please go-away! » 25 Jul 2013, 20:05

Hi sunshine and every one els..ya sunshine, I 'm looking forward to seeing my Gastro, Doctor in about another month..lol. G-d knows what she will say.
Did some long distance walking today, felt that kinda stab pain, as Welsh I think felt, maybe I over did it too.
Check out this site guys and gal's,, it's the biggest thing now, my pharmacist told me, how we can get our bodies back in tune.
Interesting read.
This is a summary of the book by Donna Gates called the Body Ecology Diet
Body Ecology Program Guide.
take care every one..and keep having those smooth as silk poops..lol.
http://www.spiritofhealthkc.com/portfolio/body-ecology-program-guide/
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Postby Sunshine » 26 Jul 2013, 00:23

Good Morning P.G.A
Many thanks for the link, will have a read through that, always good to read new info an anything that helps :D 
Yea sounds like your body was saying....Woooowwww, take it easy chick, im still trying to heal here!!!!
Its so hard to get the ballance right isnt it. If your feeling good, we tend to do a little more or walk a little further, then our body reacts by either shooting pains up ya butt, or aching like that size 9 has been booted there again!!
I guess it's a case of just listening to our body's and giving them what they want. Rest when needed and activity in moderation.
So, have you got ya list of questions ready for your CRS, and how you feeling now?
Wishing you lovely pain free day
Image  X
Sunshine
Salt Bather

Postby Please go-away! » 26 Jul 2013, 09:24

Oh yes I do Sunshine..:)  a full page,
Why did I still get my period at 51, I'm I not yet pr-menoposal?(it was light ,but still)
Umm..Can I get the Ditalezam, in place of what I'm using (the Nitro)?
I hear it's so much better.
What's up with my B's starting firm then after a second or third BM it becomes loose? (Could be my IBS)
Regardless of being sore or sensitive down there, I'm going to urge her to check me out down there, Or is that not a good idea, because some people here have argued that it has re tore them.mmm.Image 
Thanks Sunshine, actually it is a pain free day today, and you too.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Postby WelshDoubleFissure » 26 Jul 2013, 10:32

Please go-away! wrote:Did some long distance walking today, felt that kinda stab pain, as Welsh I think felt, maybe I over did it too.

This stabbing/shooting pain I felt was while walking from the loo back to my desk, I'd barely moved most of the day. Very unusual right through my butt hole.
I also went for a very long walk today with my friends and their dog through a forest (the most exercise I've done for 6 weeks) and I felt great. Got a little bit irritated by the end but I think that was the warm weather. Really surprised myself. I guess the stabbing pain has nothing to do with the amount of exercise you do, it's just a nerve making a connection or something positive hopefully!
Please go-away! wrote:Umm..Can I get the Ditalezam, in place of what I'm using (the Nitro)? I hear it's so much better.
What's up with my B's starting firm then after a second or third BM it becomes loose? (Could be my IBS)

If your nitro (I'm guessing its the same as what I tried GTN (which is like a thick see through gel that gives a headache and a butt rash - this did not work for me.
Diltiazem though, it's what I'm on and it gives me the least issues. If nitro isn't working after 8 weeks they should try another.
As for the BMS - do you mean that from one BM - the stools are all different consistency or do you mean 3 separate BMs and each ones different?
If its the first, it's known as the plug effect, could be worth looking carefully at your diet, eating soluble fibre first, followed by insoluble. (I.e broccoli first then the potatoes)
Glad you're doing well sunshine! Keep it up.
Ps Lol @ C-section for poo! (I think that's classed as a colostomy bag)
Welsh x
WelshDoubleFissure
VIP

Topics: 4