Complication 4 weeks after botox

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Complication 4 weeks after botox

Postby skyy82 » 14 Aug 2013, 23:22

hello, this is my first post, I have been lurking and reading people stories and information for a little while now, but now it is my turn to post :(
I had botox on the 17th July and possibly a colonoscopy? he never did confirm whether one was performed or not. All was going well, I had 2 weeks off to recover with no complications with bm's. However today is the third day where I have had to get up and run to the toilet with what I feel is excessive wind which is followed by a small amount of light brown liquid which then eventually leads to a bm with white mucas. Before the bm I feel the pain in my tummy and guts and it goes once I have passed, but its not nice before hand :(
I don't know what to do, I am due to go back for a check up next tuesday 20th at the hospital, should I wait or go to my local doctors beforehand? Any advice in the meantime? thank you in advance x
skyy82

Topics: 1

Re: Complication 4 weeks after botox

Postby owmybum » 15 Aug 2013, 02:04

Mmm... I'm not sure about the mucus?? I think I would be inclined to try and get an appt sooner.
Are you using a stool softener?? If so, are you maybe using too much??
Do you feel well in your self?? No temperature?? I think infection would be indicated by temperature.
Keep us posted... Sorry I can't really help. Xxxx
OMB xx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Rachael 1984 » 15 Aug 2013, 02:25

Hi Skyy82,
Maybe you could call the CRS to ask about this. It could be a side effect of the Botox. My CRS told me prior to Botox that not being able to control gas is a side effect(which I got). Not too sure about the mucus though? Could it be leakage of BM due to the muscle being Paralysed by the Botox. As OMB said, I would rule out the possibility of infection. Good luck, keep us posted.... X
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby skyy82 » 15 Aug 2013, 13:50

Thanks for your replies guys, I was using a softener up until about 10 days ago as I found it was making me too soft and I was running to the toilet far too often and with a baby and FT job found it impossible even after reducing the amount. I feel well in myself, no other factors. I thought maybe an infection but there are no other symptoms. I can't get in to see my GP until Monday so will hold out until Tuesday as seeing the hospital then anyway.
The thing I find weird is that it is always first thing in the morning, the excess wind starts it and is loud and uncontrollable, followed by small wet brown on my tissue from wiping then small formed bm which isn't alot. Exactly the same 3 days in a row
Hopefully i'll get some answers soon, very weird this late after botox
skyy82

Topics: 1