My First BM After My LIS!!! OMG!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: My First BM After My LIS!!! OMG!

Postby Karinann » 15 Aug 2013, 18:53

Hi ineed: Your experience is very similar to what I went through. I called it "Torpedo Poop". My first BM was in the tub, surrounded by very warm water. It just exploded out of me, which why I named it. That was the hardest for me, and it was only a Bristol 2, because I did not have my diet under control. Are you taking an stool softners? My CRS suggested 2 per day but in the beginning of healing I found I needed four per day at every six hour intervals. Don't know why but it seemed to work for me. Lots of water too, but you seem to have part under control. As I recall I did not feel comfortable welcoming the next BM until after about two weeks. After the first one, and after I got my diet under control they have been happening every day. Karin
Karinann
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby inneedofahealing » 16 Aug 2013, 10:43

Hello Karin, Thanks for your reply! I have been taking 3 stool softeners a day and milk of mag at night. For the last two days my bm's have been a breeze compared to the first one and presurgery. I stopped taking the Metamucil after experiencing that huge bm. Things are really looking up! I still have a little discomfort during bowel movements but I don't have spasm at all! yay! Image  I am so happy that I can finally use that emoticon! My squatty potty also helps ease out bm's. I highly recommend them.
inneedofahealing
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby J-32 » 16 Aug 2013, 13:13

Wow! That is great indeed inneed :)
Hope you will get less and less pain every BM. Personally I think that lack of spasms is crucial for healing of AF.
Makes me even more confident that LIS is best we AFs can get even if it is connected with some pain after surgery.
I have to give a chance to my Botox first.
Try to take it easy inneed.
Bless you all!
J-32
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 16 Aug 2013, 14:00

Hi inneed, glad to hear your bm's are getting better everyday. Keep up with the stool softeners to keep it nice and soft.
Take care :) 
Deleted User 2543

Postby inneedofahealing » 16 Aug 2013, 14:05

Hi J-32, Thannk you! The reason that I decided to go straight to the LIS was because of the high success rate and low fissure reoccurring rate. I wanted more of a permanent fix. The botox works for some so I really hope it works for you. Please don't be afraid of the LIS. I would quickly do the surgery over if I had to because that was the easy part. I have only taken 2 pain pills since the surgery. The only reason I experienced so much pain with my first bm was because of the metamucial. I wish I would've gotten this sooner instead of allowing myself to go through so much pain. I really hope you get relief very soon whether it is naturally or surgically. Keep us updated on your progress.
inneedofahealing
Salt Bather

Postby inneedofahealing » 16 Aug 2013, 14:07

Thanks Edel! I will :). I hope that after I heal I can do more natural things for my bm's instead of meds.
inneedofahealing
Salt Bather

Postby Positive Girl » 16 Aug 2013, 16:03

Hi All........glad that things are improving for you. I have a question, may seem silly but I too am having LIS (Open) on the 5th of October I have been living on and off with a fissure and at times two fissures for four years, the pain is now v manageable compared to five months ago where it was at a 8/9 after a bm but it's still not great living with it daily...........going to the loo is now a breeze but can you tell me where exactly does the surgeon make the incision ? is it up in the anal opening /canal or outside to the left or right, I am confused ? he also said that there would be a string hanging out.........I presume some sort of packing after the surgery and I would only have one stitch........just v curious Thanks to all
Positive Girl
Fibre Addict

Postby inneedofahealing » 16 Aug 2013, 16:19

Hi Positive Girl, Thanks! I had a closed LIS. The CRS said that he would only have to do an open one if he encountered a problem like excessive bleeding. My CRS made the incision on the side where my fissure is, the left side. It was a very small cut and I think it is already closed. I also didn't have any packing but I guess that's something that they do when they do an open LIS. I had tape and a gauze between my cheeks but it wasn't inserted and came right out. Sorry I couldn't give specifics about an open LIS. Was there a reason why he didn't opt to do closed?
inneedofahealing
Salt Bather

Postby inneedofahealing » 16 Aug 2013, 16:38

Hi Positive Girl, I tried doing a search to see if I could find more. I found this site but it didn't say much. http://fissuresurgerymd.com/anal-fissures/lateral-internal-sphincteromy. I suggest speaking with your CRS and asking him or her to clearly explain. It is your body so they should have no problem with that.
inneedofahealing
Salt Bather

Postby Positive Girl » 17 Aug 2013, 15:28

Hi there "in need of healing" love your name...........god don't we all need healing but have to admit compared to where I was 4/5 months ago I am doing brilliantly......my pain level is now only a slight pain, a few months ago once I had a BM I had to spend hours sitting on an exercise ball just to get some relief, I had no life, I was at the end of the line I really felt like giving up but life is now good........yes I still have slight pain after a BM but v little......who knows I may not even need the surgery but really appreciate your comments and help.......THANK YOU
Positive Girl
Fibre Addict