Dear Frens (EverTheOptimist, KKMark). Picture of my fistula

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Re: Dear Frens (EverTheOptimist, KKMark). Picture of my fistula

Postby kkmark » 18 Aug 2013, 11:27

Reborn
Hope ur doing good buddy no message from u hoping everything is gng gr8 I had my seton tighten omg when he did it I didn't feel Nything when he did it but after few hrs it was hurting it did hurt for 2 days I am glad I did it on fri so didn't have to take off from work:) as I don't have any vacation left.....
Hope ur doing good. And ur almost thr with ur healing
Kathy
kkmark
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby rebornbutt » 19 Aug 2013, 02:34

Diamond wrote:rebornbutt - I'm impressed with your ability to keep looking at your wound! I've already had 2 surgeries and only looked once towards the end of the healing process. I was surprised that it literally looked like a scratch at that point. I have 2 setons and yet to know what a seton actually looks like! I'm supposed to have one seton out this Thursday.. so maybe I'll finally grab a mirror and look.
If installing bidet isn't possible, I would recommend getting a hand held shower head - mine has been a savior! When I travel I bring sterile saline in squirt bottles.. If you don't have a hand held shower these are great for cleaning, especially after a BM. The saline comes out with lots of pressure so will displace anything "bad" that may be in the wound. I traveled about 8 weeks after my first surgery and I started to feel discomfort. I actually visited a nurse and had her irrigate the wound using a syringe and saline solution - if you can't find a squirt bottle, a regular syringe works quite well.

Hi Diamond. I got no choice but to look at my butt daily to clean and pack it up. I just need a mirror plus some LED lamps to monitor the healing process. I've heard about what you have been through and feels for you. Alot of friends and people outside will never know what we have been suffering and how dreadful this fistula thing is. And not to worry, the surgery that you have gone through a couple of days ago will very well close this episode for you. One thing to keep in mind, do not be afraid to look at the wounds as you need to ensure that everything is being healed and clean up properly.
rebornbutt
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby rebornbutt » 19 Aug 2013, 02:37

Ever the Optimist wrote:Reborn! That's brilliant to read about your healing. You have healed so well and it seems so quickly too! Sounds like you are almost there now.....:) 
Diamond - A hand held shower has my biggest blessing to date! I couldn't live without one anymore :) 

Hi ETO,
Nice to see you again, have not been corresponding with you for quite sometime and hope that everything is going well with you. Image 
It has been a month since my surgery and I have been keeping everything clean. I think my wounds ain't so deep so the recovery was pretty snappy. Image 
rebornbutt
Salt Bather

Postby rebornbutt » 19 Aug 2013, 02:40

kkmark wrote:Reborn
Hope ur doing good buddy no message from u hoping everything is gng gr8 I had my seton tighten omg when he did it I didn't feel Nything when he did it but after few hrs it was hurting it did hurt for 2 days I am glad I did it on fri so didn't have to take off from work:) as I don't have any vacation left.....
Hope ur doing good. And ur almost thr with ur healing
Kathy

Dear Buddy. Glad that everything is fine with you when you went for the seton tightening. Just hang on for a couple of sessions and the seton will cut through the fistula and healing it in the the process. :D :D :D :D 
rebornbutt
Salt Bather

Postby kkmark » 19 Aug 2013, 16:45

Reborn
I feel seton tightening is worse than surgery i can feel mu whole area its no pain but its like pulling sensation. Hope ur doing gr8 and on the way to recovery :) i want my seton out as soon as i can :)
kathy
kkmark
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?