Dear Frens (EverTheOptimist, KKMark). Picture of my fistula

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Re: Dear Frens (EverTheOptimist, KKMark). Picture of my fistula

Postby rebornbutt » 29 Jul 2013, 09:37

Hi Kathy,
Glad to hear that everything is well with you. Doctor told me that to take sitz bath only when there is an infection or trying to heal a wounded butt. You should also invest in a bidet to make sure that everything is clean up properly when the whole things heals.
rebornbutt
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Ever the Optimist » 29 Jul 2013, 13:55

Hi Reborn,
The cut, all being well, should heal like any other cut you might have on your body. The area should hopefully "fill back in again" and level out to surface area - You may or may not be left with a scar but it should be nothing too major. For me personally, there is absolutely no trace now of me ever having had a fistula or surgery for it. Everything looks completely normal again. Fingers crossed, you'll be saying the same in a few weeks too.
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby kkmark » 29 Jul 2013, 19:43

Hey reborn
So happy that you are healing good. When do you have your next follow up?
I am still so scared to look down there. I have to find the courage to check just to see if it's healing.
Went to work today and worked for 6 hrs and was little bit of uncomfortable with the position.
Bidet - I live in an apt so not sure if I can get that fixed. Is it that you can attach it and remove it later? Can you send me the link to where you bought it?
Thank you for the support
Kathy
kkmark
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby rebornbutt » 30 Jul 2013, 13:30

Thanks ETO,
Your comments are assuring to me :D 
It is nice to have that crap out of my butt plus a nice looking butt eventually. LOL
My wound is starting to heal up. It was half an inch deep and half of it have already been filled up with new tissues.
rebornbutt
Salt Bather

Postby rebornbutt » 30 Jul 2013, 13:38

Hi Kathy,
My next follow up is 1 month later but I am still being monitored by my general practitioner on the wound healing part every alternate days.
Dun be afraid to look at your own butt. I've been looking at my own butt for almost 1 year while trying to self medicate the fistula.
You can always ask a plumber to install a bidet for you. Whether you want the Japanese style high tech bidet or the basic one. Worst come to worst. Just scoop up water using pail to wash the butt manually after BM.
rebornbutt
Salt Bather

Postby kkmark » 01 Aug 2013, 20:28

Hey reborn
I live rented apt have to find out abt bidet. I do sits bath n then clean in shower :) just saw my area once half way thru I was like probably wil check after my next follow up which will be my seton tightening which I m so scared of as I heard it hurts alot :(
Hope I can take it r u draining I am not as much I should n itches a lot I guess Bcoz I am walking n gng to work.
I am glad ur getting checked up I don't want anyone near that area until its healed I guess
Be strong we can do this thank u for the images
Kathy
kkmark
Salt Bather

Postby kkmark » 12 Aug 2013, 09:47

Reborn
Thank you. I am using Sitz bath n then shower head to clean up after BM.I will think abt Bidet as we have to take premission from our Apt mgmt.
Anyways how ru doing how r u recovering i have my seton tightening this fri hope everything is gng good for u buddy
take care
kathy
kkmark
Salt Bather

Postby rebornbutt » 13 Aug 2013, 01:07

Hi Kathy,
It is me again my fren. I was kind of busy at work so did not come back to check on the messages. I am still doing well, have a check on my butt yesterday and the large wound is almost closed up. I would say it look 90% like my original butt after looking at it yesterday.
I think your seton will work exactly as planned and you will be soon free from the misery. I've heard cutting seton works pretty quickly, around 8-12 weeks to cut through the tract. So you will be free from this pain in the butt symptom pretty soon. Just hang on and visit the doctor this coming Friday. A couple of visits to the doc and things will be in order very soon. :)
rebornbutt
Salt Bather

Postby Diamond » 13 Aug 2013, 23:44

rebornbutt - I'm impressed with your ability to keep looking at your wound! I've already had 2 surgeries and only looked once towards the end of the healing process. I was surprised that it literally looked like a scratch at that point. I have 2 setons and yet to know what a seton actually looks like! I'm supposed to have one seton out this Thursday.. so maybe I'll finally grab a mirror and look.
If installing bidet isn't possible, I would recommend getting a hand held shower head - mine has been a savior! When I travel I bring sterile saline in squirt bottles.. If you don't have a hand held shower these are great for cleaning, especially after a BM. The saline comes out with lots of pressure so will displace anything "bad" that may be in the wound. I traveled about 8 weeks after my first surgery and I started to feel discomfort. I actually visited a nurse and had her irrigate the wound using a syringe and saline solution - if you can't find a squirt bottle, a regular syringe works quite well.
Diamond
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Ever the Optimist » 14 Aug 2013, 13:26

Reborn! That's brilliant to read about your healing. You have healed so well and it seems so quickly too! Sounds like you are almost there now.....:) 
Diamond - A hand held shower has my biggest blessing to date! I couldn't live without one anymore :) 
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again