Really??

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: Really??

Postby Kreaybutt » 27 Aug 2013, 06:46

So I have decided that I want to get LIS. Im having spasms after every bm no matter how great it is. my muscle is just so tight ALL the time. BUT, I've made a goal weight for myself before I go under the knife. At 83 lbs I don't think it's safe nor smart to have surgery. Especially knowing that ill prolly lose a few lbs just recovering. So my goal weight is 90. Sooo since I'm going along with the surgery and needing to gain weight I think I'm going to start eating a few more fattening things that I wouldn't have before. I mean I'm having surgery anyways, shouldn't I indulge a little bit??! lol easier said than done but I do need to put on some pounds and get my life back! What do you guys think? Would you go on with it?
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Postby Kreaybutt » 27 Aug 2013, 07:39

Actually let me ask that differently, if you knew you were getting the surgery would you eat more of the food you wanted? I've been just fine eating my af friendly diet but it gets me no where in gaining weight no matter what I eat. I'm finally getting bored of the same ol meals too. I love food soooo much, why did I have to get a condition that stopped me from eating it all!! Wahhhh there's my bitter rant. Though there are people all around the world who would die just to have one meal everyday, thinking about that makes me feel guilty for wanting more. Am I getting too deep? lol ok I'm done
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby PompeyBlue » 27 Aug 2013, 12:15

Hi Kreay
I don't know if this is going to help since it runs so counter to much that we read on this board. I have now healed twice. Once seven years ago and recently after almost nine months. On neither occasion have I excluded any foods (except nuts which I discovered came out in sharp fragments!). Yes I have altered the mix to include more fruit, fibre and fluids but I have carried on with alcohol,meat,fish,white bread occasionally and so on.
So really I would encourage you to eat what you fancy as long as
you exercise your commonsense and don't live on doughnuts!
A good,balanced diet, lots of water and a stool softener such as Miralax.
I hope this helps.
PompeyBlue
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Kreaybutt » 27 Aug 2013, 17:04

Pompeyblue- did you say doughnuts? Uhhhh you don't know how hard it is for me to drive by Krispy Kreme every day and not get just one donut! Lol you know, with my first fissure I healed it in one week with my normal regular diet. I developed a second one months later when I dramatically changed my diet to just salads soups and high fiber cereals. While my first one was healing I remember eating red velvet cake, chicken fried steak, pasta, steak, pastries. I hope mentally and physically I can get back to that place of eating what I want. Especially with the surgery.
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby PompeyBlue » 28 Aug 2013, 02:12

Hi Kreay
I am always wary of offering advice here because I realise I am very fortunate that I seem to be able to heal naturally. And I am not trying to be smart when I suggest there is someting to be learned from your first experience. Mine is that too much fibre can bring problems. Multiple BMs have always been a big danger factor for me. That apart fibre increases the size which can also be problematical.
I have seen four different CRSs and none has suggested significant diet change. The latest syressed the impprtance of maintaining soft,smooth and regular BMs.
Why not start gradually reintroducing foods? What could be morebland and innocuous than pasta. Add.a non spicy tomato and.basil or a pesto sauce and some sala get on?d and see how you
PompeyBlue
Salt Bather

Postby PompeyBlue » 28 Aug 2013, 02:28

Sorry about that! The keyboard on my phone is only good for short messages. Or maybe it's me! Meant to say .....and some salad and see how you get on.
I had finished really and you get the drift I am sure. One final point which will already be in your mind is giving due weight to the importance of maintaining a healthy body weight.
My very best wishes
PompeyBlue
Salt Bather