Cost of LIS?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Cost of LIS?

Postby Luka » 03 Sep 2013, 23:08

Thank you for the reply, omyrear. I guess it's the hospital charges that will cost the most. : ( It seems like I will have to pay at least $5,000 for everything. I REALLY hope I can get some financial help though and that they can at least give me a break on the cost of everything.
I know I'm jumping the gun on all of this because I haven't even seen the CRS again yet (going to this month), but since I don't have health insurance, I really need to plan ahead. I don't want to be stressing out over financial stuff and not be prepared if I need the surgery. Getting the surgery would upset me enough without worrying about money.
January 2013 - Diagnosed with fissure. Eventually turned chronic.
History of IBS and anxiety disorder, along with fear of using bathrooms other than my own caused it.
Tried Diltiazem, but eventually developed a rash.
LIS surgery scheduled August 26th.
Luka
VIP

Topics: 38

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 04 Sep 2013, 01:47

Hi luka,
My LIS cost in total Ђ2,700 in a private hospital I stayed 2 nights. Hospital gets the most at Ђ1,020 a night. I hope things work out for you. 😊
Deleted User 2543

Postby Davo » 04 Sep 2013, 06:42

This was the cost of my LIS surgery by Mr Windsor at The London Clinic, Harley Street:
24 hour hire of private en-suite hospital room with breakfast lunch & dinner including nursing care and all necessary medication £865
Operating Theatre cost including ECU, equipment hire, nursing staff and medical supplies £1,025
Surgeons Fee for LIS procedure £250
Anesthetist Cost including medication £180
TOTAL COST OF LIS SURGERY £2,320
Also I had to pay for take away prescription pain killers which came to around £22
Another cost to bear in mind are the consultations, I had three consultations pre-surgery @ £180 each (The follow up consultation is covered within the surgery cost)
Davo
Davo

Topics: 42

Postby aimonaali » 04 Sep 2013, 08:18

It's really weird to see how differently LIS can be done and how wide the prize range is in different clinics and countries. Some of you have stayed in a hospital for up to two days and paid thousands... I was in and out of the hospital within one hour, the cost was a litte over 600 Ђ. Doctor said I could go back to school the next day. Still I didn't go until the day after.
aimonaali
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby Davo » 04 Sep 2013, 09:05

I was in and out within the same day but an overnight stay is always charged as you take up the room for the day. I was allowed to stay overnight but did not see the point.
It may have cost £1000's but the surgeons fee was only £250
Davo

Topics: 42

Postby dent1 » 04 Sep 2013, 10:13

I suspect LIS and the VY flap may be done as day surgery with my surgeon but I had an additional procedure as well which meant I really needed to stay in over night.
dent1
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?