External Hemorrhoids

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

External Hemorrhoids

Postby carrie » 07 Oct 2013, 23:24

I've had external hemorrhoids for years which caused a lot of pain and inconvenience during bowel movement. After unsuccessfully having tried several relief methods, what helped me finally was gel called Lido Nifedipine. It's non-prescription and I ordered it online.
carrie

Topics: 1

Re: External Hemorrhoids

Postby pinpin » 08 Oct 2013, 03:45

External hemorrhoids are very painful when thromboses. You could try such medication as diosmin which improves blood flow in veins, making hemorrhoids less swollen.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby owmybum » 09 Oct 2013, 10:19

I've heard of nifedipine for the treatment of fissures, but never for hems??? Is it the same thing???
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Mood: UGH !

Postby Scientist2516 » 09 Oct 2013, 10:36

Nifedipine increases blood flow, by relaxing the walls of the blood vessels, allowing more blood to flow. It helps fissures because it increases blood flow to an area which tends to have low blood supply, and because it also relaxes anal muscle, reducing spasms.

I just looked up diosmin, and it looks as though it does the opposite - constricts veins, increases venous tone. Which may be what you want, to cure hemorrhoids, I don't know.

I have been wondering if continuing to use nitroglycerine (has the same effect as nifedipine) might be aggravating my hemorrhoid, I honestly don't know enough about hems to be sure. I never had any before this!

Edit - apparently "some Preparation H products have
phenylephrine, a drug that constricts blood vessels", so it looks as though fissure drugs and hemmie drugs might actually be working against each other. I might have to ask my CRS about that.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby pinpin » 10 Oct 2013, 00:34

It might be you are true. But as main problem of hemorrhoids is bad flow from veins, but good for arteries. So diosmin should get blood more quickly this way reducing swelling, and also I think improving general blood flow as such.

So we got the same blood flow in arteries, but better in veins.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Mood: Good

Postby carrie » 10 Oct 2013, 01:32

It's nifedipine + lidocaine...
I don't know how the proportions matter, I ordered the ready remedy here - alishech-medical.com/lido-nifedipine-gel/hemorrhoids-treatment
carrie

Topics: 1

Postby Scientist2516 » 10 Oct 2013, 08:52

nifedipine relaxes blood vessels and anal sphincter, and lidocaine is a topical pain medication, so the proportions as such don't matter -just that each one is strong enough to do the job.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Postby Savaici » 10 Oct 2013, 19:21

Hemorrhoids are hell! I had a thrombosed one a few years back, for which I had surgery. One of the most painful experiences of my life. I also have had two other surgeries for hemorrhoids, all a good few years ago, and also suffered a lot of pain with those, and am left with scar tissue. If I had known then what I know now, I would never have let the surgeons operate. They did all the right things, but here I am suffering still from this years later.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Turk the cat » 13 Oct 2013, 14:53

owmybum wrote:I've heard of nifedipine for the treatment of fissures, but never for hems??? Is it the same thing???

Yep, it is the same thing. I was given nifedipine for my external hemorrhoids, before it was confirmed I had a fissure. The relaxing sensation helped a lot.

carrie wrote:It's nifedipine + lidocaine...
I don't know how the proportions matter, I ordered the ready remedy here - alishech-medical.com/lido-nifedipine-gel/hemorrhoids-treatment

Hello carrie. Oh dear, $130.00 is very expensive. I use nifedipine, don't know about the lidocaine addictive. I hope it will help solve your problem. Nifedipine is pretty inexpensive, you don't have access to a CRS or other Doctor who could write a prescription? Anyhow, one can't put a price on comfort.
Turk the cat
Salt Bather