Hello

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hello

Postby owwie » 13 Oct 2013, 08:57

Hi everyone,
I've been dealing with a fissure since early this year. This forum has been very helpful! I have been to a CRS, and he gave me some creams. It seemed to help at first, but the fissure kept reappearing. It is now back with a vengeance! Now, there is a very hard bump that occasionally bleeds or oozes in addition to the fissure. I'm afraid maybe it's a fistula? I have an appt with my CRS again in a couple of days. I've been in agonizing pain, and am willing to try whatever at this point to get rid of it.

I've been doing sitz baths, using the creams (still had some left), ibuprofen, an old bottle of oxycodone (just took 1), using vasoline pre-BM (which hasn't really helped), and I ordered a bidet to use in the future. The pain of the BM itself is bad, but I can handle it. It just is the fecal matter that is irritating whatever the bump is. I absolutely cannot seem to get it cleaned out very well. I've tried everything I can think of, and it just burns the rest of the day no matter what I do. It is very irritated, and possibly infected.

I'm scared to have a BM because of the awful pain. I know I'm not doing myself any favors by holding back, but I dunno what else to do. :(

Anyway, thank you so much to everyone who is so candid on here. It is really helpful.
owwie

Topics: 1

Re: Hello

Postby Weareallmadhere » 13 Oct 2013, 12:26

Hey there!
It sucks hearing your story :( i can empathize with being scared of having a BM,like literally mine are so painful they almost make me cry..
When i first was diagnosed with Fissures i was prescribed Movicol. Its a tastless powder and its a stool softner
I noted youve tried creams and painkillers but have you tried stool softners? They might be useful!
Also ive been given Germaloid cream that is useful! If you havent used it,Its like a local anasthetic cream :)

But i can relate to seeing blood during it as mine has been happening with pain for a couple weeks now :/

But yeah,If you would like to confer about any advice you could give me that i might not have tried yet or any lifestyle changes we could make?
My doctor said change of diet too,but easier said than done! Aha
Anyway if you want another AF sufferer to chat to :) Im around~
Weareallmadhere

Postby owwie » 14 Oct 2013, 21:13

Hi!! Yeah, I've been doing Miralax daily, but I think I didn't up my water enough, so I started making an effort at that. It has helped a lot. Now I'm also dealing with spasms, which I only had occasionally before. So, bleh. I go to see the CRS tomorrow, and I hope I get some news as to what is really going on.

Sorry you are dealing with this too... wouldn't wish it on anyone!!!
owwie

Postby vdb324 » 15 Oct 2013, 05:21

Could the hard bump be a sentinel pile/skin tag? I had one at the bottom of my fissure that felt like a hard lump that usually hurt during and after any BM. It was also a pain to try to keep clean. I had mine removed after Botox. A lot of doctors will leave them if they aren't bothering you too much, but mine was pretty painful and difficult, so my CRS opted to remove it. It's a bit painful to have it removed. I took off five days from work (two were a weekend/one a holiday), and they prescribed my painkillers. I probably could have gone back, if had to, after three days, but yeah - a lot more painful than getting the Botox done.
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52

Postby owwie » 15 Oct 2013, 16:14

Official diagnosis today was abscess and possible fistula. I have an appointment for surgery tomorrow morning, abscess drainage and fissurectomy if it is not a large fistula. So, we'll see. VERY nervous now!!! The CRS pressed a few times on the abscess and I thought I was going to die right there. He said it was draining well, and that's good. Ugh, awful.

Anyway, I'm off to go read more about the abscess and fistula stories on here. :groan: Wish me luck!
owwie

Postby vdb324 » 15 Oct 2013, 16:49

Good luck!
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52

Postby pitaX1000 » 15 Oct 2013, 20:47

Good luck, owwie. I hope all goes well...keep us posted!
pitaX1000
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby sandyv » 29 Oct 2013, 16:24

Hi whow we have are hands full with this problem that seems so simple. I have had a fissure for two years now i seem to get in in control and its back. These softners are giving me ibs now i guess u can only take them for so long before causing another problem. I have an appointment to talk to docter again i think its time for the operation i give up. He told me botox is not really effective. Im confused and beside myself. The healing time seems to be months. Any help would be appreciated....
sandyv