Paleo, fiber, breakfast and AF

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Paleo, fiber, breakfast and AF

Postby Now66 » 14 Oct 2013, 11:21

My wife is strongly pushing us to a grain free paleo diet. I truly fear messing with my current diet as I'm having good success with natural AF healing (which includes Miralax, Metamucil, ground flax seed, and lots of water). Frankly, I feel that she is easily swayed by the latest health fad as we are physically in good condition for our ages.

My greatest concern is breakfast and proper fiber. I usually alternate between a healthy cereal and oatmeal for breakfast with eggs and sausage only on Sunday. Am I wrong to think these are essential fiber sources? Furthermore, I just don't think eggs for breakfast everyday is all that healthy and I certainly am not going on a nut for breakfast diet with this AF.
Now66
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Re: Paleo, fiber, breakfast and AF

Postby Kreaybutt » 16 Oct 2013, 13:09

Oatmeal has been essential for me. I have it every morning and have eggs about 2 times a week. I read somewhere on here that you shouldn't have it more than twice a week. Sausage i would question BUT if it doesn't effect you badly then i wouldn't cut it out. For me, grains have helped me with formed smoother BMs. If your not allergic to gluten i really don't see a reason to cut it out completely.
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Re: Paleo, fiber, breakfast and AF

Postby vdb324 » 16 Oct 2013, 18:13

I do oats at least once a day. I have egg whites and turkey sausage on a whole grain English muffin, and it seems to be okay with me. But, hey, take it with a grain of salt, because I'm still on Miralax and Colace!
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52