LIS yikes!!!! & I'M HEALED yippee

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS yikes!!!! & I'M HEALED yippee

Postby sugarspice » 10 Nov 2013, 13:49

Edel, did you have botox first and it didn't work? If so how long did you wait before you had the LIS and did they agree to it because you were still in pain? Many thanks x
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 11 Nov 2013, 03:22

Hi sugar,

Yes I did have Botox twice I'm afraid to say. The first time I had it, it lasted 8 months then I had a re tear march of this year. I went straight for Botox again as it worked so well last time but unfortunately it only last about 2/3 wks so crs decided LIS was next I was really ready for it at that stage. I had to wait another few wks as they say Botox can take time to link it but it never really did. So on June 12th I had LIS, fissurectomy & tag removal :) it was tough few days but so much better than fissure pain. :)
Deleted User 2543

Postby sugarspice » 11 Nov 2013, 08:41

Wow, you have been through the mill you poor thing! So glad you are now healed :-) Do you have any pain at all going for BM's now or any pain afterwards? xx
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 11 Nov 2013, 14:38

Thanks sugar :) I have no pain whatsoever I keep my BM very soft it's the key for me. I will take movicol for life small price to pay for soft bm. I noticed your early days with Botox I wish you the best with it. Keep your stools nice & soft & hopefully you will heal :)
Deleted User 2543

Postby Rachael 1984 » 16 Nov 2013, 04:51

Hi Edel.
Glad to see you are doing so well, and enjoying your life Fissure free! Xxxxxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby FissureHome » 20 Nov 2013, 14:18

Wow Edel..what a journey! Congradulations !I know your pain! Glad your feeling normal! Thats all i pray for now everyday is to feel normal again..and its only been 2 months!you tend to take things for granted in life until something like this happens.. Im already starting to think about surgery..do you think i should do botox first? do they hurt? Curious are your still having trouble holding in your BM's?or holding in gas?
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 24 Nov 2013, 10:32

Hi fissurehome,
Just noticing your post now. I'm sorry your suffering too, we really do take things for granted but never again. I don't want pain like that again I don't think I'd cope again.
I would definitely try Botox first I got 8mths from my first round. I'm on movicol & I forgot to take it one night causing a re tear I was devastated I thought my troubles were over. It was a bad tear so had more Botox seen as it worked so well first time but unfortunately not so good 2nd time. My crs said we could do a 3rd round but probably be waisting time so went straight for lis. It was tough for a few days I won't lie but at least it was a healing pain.
I had Botox under general so didn't feel anything it was sore for few days alright more like bruising. I don't have any trouble holding in gas at all. I have never tried to hold in a bowel movement I go the min I wake up so no need too. Sometimes I feel it will come even if I try to hold it in. It's still early days so I'm still very kind to my bum lol :).
I wish you the best in your decision & hope your pain free soon :)
Deleted User 2543

Postby FissureHome » 24 Nov 2013, 11:00

Thanks EDEL..im actaully been feeling pretty good the last few days i dont want to jinx myself but my bowel movements were almost painless and im starting to walk without feeling much disomfort and able to sit for short periods of time(been using dialtiazm and wheatgrass superbalm cream)..so i feel im improving.. PLEASE! PLEASE! but now about a week ago i noticed i have a "welt" like on the bottom of my left butt cheek like on the groove of the curve of the bottom of your cheek..i hoping it justs a pimple or boil or something ive read somewhere fissures can turn into fitsulas? do you know anything about that? god i cant take anymore bum problems! i just want to have a normal life again! i pray that its just a pimple and it will go away soon..
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 25 Nov 2013, 03:19

Oh that's sounds like your doing well keep up the routine you'll get there :).
I don't know much about fistulas tg but from what I've read they are usually very close to the fissure & usually have an access with some discharge from it. Best thing to do is get it checked.
Good luck fissurehome :)
Deleted User 2543

Postby FissureHome » 25 Nov 2013, 16:56

Thanks Edel..got another question for ya..you said botox worked so well for you the first time..How long after botox did you feel like a normal person again? and also how did you end up retearing it?? after 8 monthss you think it would be gone for good!
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist