Posting no longer available.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Posting no longer available.

Postby Guest » 19 Feb 2009, 21:57

I went to Houston for the injections. You must have seen the same group of docs-Renney et al?

I have AF for 4 months initially. I was told it closed but it would reopen from time to time. I stayed on the diltiazem for 8 months until I felt comfortable giving it up. I do not have AF now but I have a scar from repeated surgeries that opens up that is like a fissure at times. That scar tissue is very thin and takes so long to heal.

That must have been so scary to go through all of this when you were that age. My ordeal started back in 2003 and I have had long periods of being bedridden. I am taking cymbalta and zonegran now and that cocktail seems to help with the nerve pain.

Postby Guest » 19 Feb 2009, 22:08

Last edited by Guest on 26 Mar 2009, 10:57, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Guest » 19 Feb 2009, 22:23

Last edited by Guest on 26 Mar 2009, 10:57, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Jen » 19 Feb 2009, 22:51

Amy -
Hello & welcome to the forum! I am really glad you found this place. There is so much wonderful expirience here. I am happy that you found Tootie too - it seams you guys have alot in common.
Your not in the minority at all! i have had my fissure for 2 years last month. I got it right after the birth of my baby. I am mostly healed, and I did have LIS in August. I am like you, there have been months that go by with me being completely healed, and then my fissure tares again. I don't want LIS again because my spasms are gone. My issue now is my slow healing scar tissue that is so darn thin and week. Like I said, I do stay healed 90-95% of the time, so I don't have much to complain about. I just want a normal butt again. The longest I have gone without a setback in the past 2 years is 4 months.
Glad to have you here!
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 19 Feb 2009, 22:57

Last edited by Guest on 26 Mar 2009, 10:58, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Jen » 19 Feb 2009, 23:21

Amy -
Yeah, I know what you mean. Two years seems like forever. I am also like you, I am a full time student and it is so hard to deal with school and this fissure. When I am having issues with it, taking tests is extreamly hard. I always think about the students that don't have to worry about their a** during a test - only their knowledge.
With everything you have been through, a C-section is the way to go. Both the CRSs I have been to said I would not need a C-section and I could not disagree with them more. If a turd tares my butt, a 8 pound baby really would. I am very nervous to get pregnant again, but I am sure I will.
What is the difference between a complete or partial LIS? I am not sure what I had, but my spasms are gone so it worked.
Did your doctor say she expected you to eventually stop taring? I just feel like if I could go 6-8 months, it would be healed for good. I also wonder if they did a fissurecctomy to remove scar tissue if it would help...I have not talked to my doc since September. I called in for a refill for my nitro in December, but I only talked to a nurse. I am going to make an apointment with him soon, but sometimes I don't really want to go back to him because I don't want another LIS anyway. I just don't know what to do...
Welcome again Amy!
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Jen » 19 Feb 2009, 23:31

Ohhh Amy! You poor thing! I just saw you added on to your last post about everthing you have been through recently. I hope that with things going a little better now, your stress level will decrease and your fissure will heal faster! Thanks for the info on the Citrucel. I take benefiber and I love it!
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 20 Feb 2009, 00:10

Last edited by Guest on 26 Mar 2009, 10:58, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Corsi » 20 Feb 2009, 05:29

I got my fissure in September - October 2007, but it didn't torture me before December, and then hell broke loose Image
I have the same problems as you, it's difficult to get things out..:oops: Have you tried squatting?
http://www.naturesplatform.com/health_benefits.html?sid=NP329285-5339-1234973604&a=&p=health_benefits.html&s=&c=&x=1
(Lecia told me about this web page).
Beautiful cat...
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby cherylk » 20 Feb 2009, 05:38

To welcome Amy and for Corsi, Tabby, and all of the other cat lovers:
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46