Pre-op appointment

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Pre-op appointment

Postby val » 28 Jan 2008, 16:05

I'm so glad you are much better and near enough back to normal. Yes, I did have stitches-they were what really hurt after surgery, and yes, I did get the courage to look and it all looks normal now, not red, not swollen, its all ok. I had all that worry for nothing!
I get a pinch kind of feeling that just appears, and sometimes a sharp shoot of pain which gets me suddenly and takes me by surprise!
Is it a good thing to exercise yet? I have my strider machine that I'd like to get back to-at the moment I use it to hang washing on to dry! LOL!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 28 Jan 2008, 16:50

Ha ha ha, oh my, I can almost see your strider covered with laundry, LOL !!! I think that it is safe to "stride", start slowly of course, and see how it goes. I tried 3 weeks post op and my tag was
bothering me : (, so I ended just lifting some wights . I was able to fast walk only 30 min : (. I intend to try again TODAY : ))) !
So, yes, it is safe, but will it be comfortable is probably like everything else - individual ; ))) !!!!
XOXO
PS: Glad to hear your bum looks nice ; )) - are the stitches out ?
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 28 Jan 2008, 17:29

Hey Helen,
Thanks for the update. Did you say when your sig is? I really wish they could just fix you up if they find anything since you are going to be under.

How is your new job going?

Postby val » 28 Jan 2008, 19:15

yay Fis, its much less effort to hang washing on it rather than have to actually use it!!!
Yes the stitches are out, I think they melt away on their own. I was a bit bothered that they would have to be taken out-but another worry over!!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 28 Jan 2008, 22:30

That is great Val : )) !!! You are healing so fast - it is amazing !!! I am sooo happy for you ! I was supposed to go to the gym tonight , he he, it is 8 pm, still sitting here ; ), trying to digest my dinner in peace, he he. It will be MAJOR effort to move me out into the cold now, but it is not so much about exercise as it is my curiosity to see
"if I can do it" ! Crazy, LOL, I know...
LECIA - you look so cute in that t-shirt - you could "pass" as any teen ; ) !!! How is your little butt ??? I hope that it is getting now steadily better and better each day and that pain is less and less : (.
How is your strength ? Are you still feeling weak : ( ? I do get tiered easily still, I guess once one passes certain threshold of loosing to much weight and having too much stress for so long - than recovery is slow "upward" . I eat all that junk trying to gain some weight and I hardly got 5 pounds !!!!! If I would have been eating like this before the fissure I would gain 5 pounds in one , not 5 weeks !!!! Is your MIL still with you ?!It is so nice to have you back here on the forum XOXO !!!!! Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 29 Jan 2008, 17:12

Fissulyna wrote:PS: Glad to hear your bum looks nice ; )) - are the stitches out ?

hahaha there's not many forums you could say that on :)
Lecia, my sigmoid is 11th Feb. It's the first day of 1/2 term so I have the rest of the week to recover :)
Thanks for asking, the job is going really well, I love it! It's very relaxed and I can walk around all over the school so I don't have to sit for too long :) I hope you're feeling better this week :)
Fiiss and Val, I'm so pleased you're both doing so well, and also so jealous, I want a pain free butt too :)
xxx

Postby Fissulyna » 30 Jan 2008, 01:35

Yes Helen Image , we are very special people here Image , in more than one way Image
Nobody who had a fissure can be "normal" ever again , but who cares about
"normal" - sooooooo boring ...like this :$)$: - who remembers her ??? And if you are like this - :$%: , well ... you are unforgettable AND uber vise !!!
And don't be "jealous" Image - you will be pain free very soon too !!!! Image
XOXO
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 30 Jan 2008, 14:45

I remember :$)$:

Postby Deleted User 5 » 02 Feb 2008, 20:02

Yes, I remember :$)$: too!
And also :@#:
Last edited by Deleted User 5 on 02 Feb 2008, 20:22, edited 2 times in total.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 02 Feb 2008, 20:18

Hey Helen,
Your time will come. So glad to hear you like your job.
I will be thinking of you on the 11th!

Take care,
:$)$: