Ripped it again

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Ripped it again

Postby happyass » 20 Sep 2008, 06:58

also kate, maybe because our body is now aware of these additional remedies, it may not be as quick to react as it use to.
if you can find the magnesium in a citrate liquid version like at target or cvs, that will probably work better and a bit quicker than taking it by pill.
enjoy your day today! remember to blow dry butt and add moisturizer.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 20 Sep 2008, 10:30

I am sorry Small flower :(
Hope you are not in too much pain Image
Is your time of the month approaching ? Things always seems to kick off around this time Image You could try try some evening primrose ! Its one of the things i swear by...
Do all you can to help yourself through this setback and be kind to yourself Image
I hope you are feeling better soon Image

Postby val » 20 Sep 2008, 12:04

:( sorry its flared up again Kate, hope it all settles down again quickly for you.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby pinky » 20 Sep 2008, 14:46

u r very optimistic and thats how u shud be.hope u feel better soon
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby SunshineHope » 27 Sep 2008, 02:10

Hi Kate! You're not alone! Mine has been coming back too, probably because I've just been using aloe vera gel... It goes away so well on aloe vera but then I'll eat something stupid and it'll come back! At this point I'm not frustrated, but just indifferent, because it's been like two years and my ass still hurts.
It's important to stay optimistic about healing but I'm leaning more towards indifference right now... When I start to knock some more HOPE into myselF (like my name reminds me to do), I'll probably look into some real medicine (diltiazem again?), a stricter diet, and/or surgery???? Image
Oh well, we will survive, as we always have. Peace & love
sh
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Guest » 27 Sep 2008, 10:00

Hi Sunshine!
I was just thinking about you and hoping you were okay and that your butt was leaving you alone for the most part. I think the creams are always a good maintenance if you have a setback.
How's life treating you?
Image Lecia

Postby SunshineHope » 28 Sep 2008, 00:44

Aww Lecia, great to see you again. Life has been so great otherwise, finally graduated from Uni, looking towards graduate school programs, spending loads of time with family, got a fun (but stressful) job, etc... So overall things have been fine, it's just the fissure that keeps popping back every now and then. For the most part I was feeling so great but it's just when I go off the diet (especially fruits & veggies), I usually retear or irritate it.. I've been living the past week reminding myself that all that goes in must come out ... Sometimes we forget that don't we :p
I hope you've been doing well too Lecia, haven't talked to you in a while. Everytime I come back to the forum after a long break, it feels soo soothing to be around everyone and hear what they're upto. I hope everyone here is healing and coping, finding success some how!
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 28 Sep 2008, 09:08

Congratulations, Sunshine! I am so proud of your accomplishments! Image
What degree did you get and what are you studyng in grad school if you don't mind me asking. I am sure it was a challenge with the fissure and I am so amazed at all you students for perservering like you do.
I have found a good holistic doctor who actually seems to want to help me and doesnt' write me off like so many other doctors have. I have a thread on the Off Topic section but it is rather long!
It is so hard to stay on the diet. I try to make myself eat the "have tos" before I eat the "want tos" just to make sure I don't forget or can't squeeze it in. But there are times I just want to have an ice cream day!
Take it easy, little sis!

Postby SunshineHope » 28 Sep 2008, 16:35

Aww, I've really been thinking about visiting a holistic doc. Let us know how that goes and I'll look for your post in the off topic section. My degree was in Psychology & I'm hoping to do the same for grad school, hopefully clinical psych! I just hope I can fix my self first! hehe
I'm gonna go look for your thread.. toodles
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 5 » 29 Sep 2008, 10:12

Aww, Sunshine! I hate hearing you've retore again! I think you are right, young lady -- small amounts of cheese are probably Ok most of the time but I would sure be avoiding large amounts of any kind of dairy. I also wonder if the "chemistry" of other foods eaten along with dairy will cause it to harden more than, say, just cheese on an empty stomach or with veggies. Or it may be the opposite. There so much enzyme activity in our guts and so many variables, that in general it is probably safe to stay away from it altogether until you are fully healed!!! Keep up the aloe vera gel? have you ever tried using the juice straight from the plant, Sunshine?
Do keep up with hots baths everyday, as many as you can pack in without going bananas!!
Good luck! :)
Deleted User 5