Ripped it again

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Ripped it again

Postby small_flower » 19 Sep 2008, 16:35

Well.... in addition to alcohol, I can add large amounts of cheese to the list of foods that will cause me to retear my fissure. Given... I hadn't had all of my fiber that day...
Normally, I can eat cheese without a problem, but I guess that I can't eat it in large amounts when I haven't been totally hydrated and on the fiber train with regularity.
I'm sure it will get better. I am at my parents house this weekend, so I can soak in the tub, eat right, and relax. I am also giving up alcohol for awhile. I'm tired of it. I think people my age forget that its bad for you.
Kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Re: Ripped it again

Postby Guest » 19 Sep 2008, 17:00

When I saw that title, I thought of the Britney Spears song, Oops, I ripped (did) it again! That could be on our AFSF Greatest Hits album.

Sorry, Kate, that is a bummer. Are you bleeding? Hopefully a relaxing weekend will help you get back on track. Does it hurt or feel sore? I hope you feel better soon!

Postby small_flower » 19 Sep 2008, 17:17

Hi Lecia,
Yeah, it is a bit sore. I have never had that dull pain before. Normally, it just stings when I go if I've hurt it. But, I have a dull ache going on right now. So, I'm in my pajamas in bed watching jeopardy. :)
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby juney » 19 Sep 2008, 19:44

kate - it's been over a year since your LIS and you're still having problems...have you thought about seeing another dr? i know how annoying it is to feel like you have to control your diet so particularly every day. maybe there's something else that could be done?
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby small_flower » 19 Sep 2008, 19:58

I haven't really thought about seeing another doctor. I don't really have the health insurance right now to cover anything like that.
I basically only have health insurance to cover emergencies. Normally, my butt really doesn't give me this many problems, I just haven't been sticking to my diet as well as I should, and I keep forgetting to drink more water.
I am really determined to not have another surgery. I'd be even more scared the second time around than the first. I'd be sure to lose control of my bowel control then, not to mention my absolute lack of pain tolerance. I'm really hell bent on not having to do that again. I know that it may not necessarily be what the doctor would recommend, but I want to try to stay out of the doctor's office if its at all possible.
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby happyass » 19 Sep 2008, 20:10

i don't necessarily think this is a horrific problem.
to be honest, LIS doesn't cure you forever of never having another fissure. so it wouldn't be surprising and shouldn't be surprising if it should happen.
kate, i think you are entitled to relax and indulge. i think perhaps in going thru this smaller set back, you are realizing what may or may not be your limits: ie, next time have less cheese, drink more water or keep your water intake at least regular every day sorta like the way we need to keep our fiber intake constant every day too.
tonight i had two pisco sours at an peruvian restaurant. i had this wonderful humongous corn (choclo) with some latin type cheese (sooo sooo delicious); a scrumptious tomato broth noodle soup with little chunks of beef, cilantro, and one egg in there; and i got piggy when i also ordered a chicken tamale (although it wasn't anywhere near the way the mexicans make their tamales).
the good thing is that you are trying to make a connection and see a pattern of perhaps what you didn't do in order to avoid any type of discomfort to retear. you are identifying eating more of X and having less water and less fiber. it's not a bad situation if you can learn from it even more.
perhaps you have a microtear and that will clear up.
i invite you to keep a positive attitude and chalk it up to not following your limits.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Fissulyna » 19 Sep 2008, 20:39

Ahhhhhh noooo Kate Image !!!! What a bummer . I guess what you feel is a spasm pain - try to relax as much as you can. I understand the fear of second LIS but how about creams and such ??? Botox ? As you know I had my second LIS and oh , boy I wish he did cut even more LOL !!! If it ever comes to it - loosing control over anything should be your least concern Image. I still don't even "loose" a fart Image .
Take good care Kate and I wish you had insurance and get some Nitro or similar to help with those spasms (dull ache) .
Best of luck !!! Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby juney » 19 Sep 2008, 23:43

i definitely hope things work out without you needing another surgery. it's hell going thru surgery no matter what # it is. but a 2nd LIS would not leave you without bowel control. i've had no problems after 2. that aside, 2 LIS didn't even work for me so that's definitely not a sure thing.
i hope you're able to get control of this w/o needing a dr. you've got a lot of patience.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby pinky » 20 Sep 2008, 06:05

Oh kate,not again!hows the pain now?hope its not a fissure and will go away with fibre diet and hydration.
hopefully u wont need another surgery.as Juney says,it is a nightmare to go through any surgery.do post how u feel today.
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby small_flower » 20 Sep 2008, 06:36

Hey folks
Well, last night i took twice my dose of magnesium, thinking that it would liquify anything in my intestines. Well... it was just as bad this morning. More blood. I know it takes a few days for things to get back on track. I don't have much time to post things right now. I am going to my grandmother's today, and have to soak in the tub before I go, so I'm off! I'm going to buy some fish oil today, and stick with my diet etc. Things will level out within a few days, i'm sure.
xo
kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist