Road to healing

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Road to healing

Postby Please go-away! » 12 Jul 2013, 08:19

Well my last Gastro Doctors appointment was July.9th and she was Happy about my progress.  Funny thing was, after I got home I got my period, at first scared, because I'm 51.
I remembered I'm not menopausal yet, so getting a period /post is normal, and was very light.
I'm so happy, even though I'm afraid to talk about it, not that I'm superstitious, but it seems to good to be true. I have no spasms what so ever, no blood, no pain, BM's smooth as silk,would be the best way to describe them. I go to the washroom sometimes twice a day with no effort or strain at all.
Of course the diet and exercise will be a lifestyle change for all of us once we are healed.
There is a so slight mmm, lets call it kinda discomfort at my tailbone or back of rectum, maybe tight after a BM. My Doctor says it's just a little scar tissue, it will smooth out too.
Now looking to get back into the workforce, part-time for now.
Of course I still want to stay her and help others with encouraging words and tips and tricks..Image 
Once again thank you every one for all your encouraging words, helpful advice and patients as we all go through this ordeal.Image  and my heart is out to all the one's still healing..Image
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Re: Road to healing

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 13 Jul 2013, 23:34

It's so great to hear of your progress. Yipee!Image
I'm interested to know your regimen that keeps your stools so soft and passable.  Have you already posted this?  I'll encourage you to keep on going with it; I felt good after five weeks after the initial AF and then retore (not knowing it was an AF) very badly, now requiring months more of slower healing. I hope you will get it to heal this time through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thanks for caring for the others who haven't healed yet!
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby Please go-away! » 14 Jul 2013, 11:08

I still follow the placement diet, all though not as strict. Don't get scared about flax seed, because it mite contain more insoluble but adding it to Oatmeal(grounded, 1/2 teaspoon) balances it out.
Please check a few of my post's regarding, a eating technique called a Placement Diet (my incredible Pharmacist told me about it)to prevent the plug effect too.
It blew me away, it makes perfect sense:
1. Eat a soluble food first (acts like a sponge, to absorb toxins and the like).
2. follow with a insoluble food( acts like a brush and sweeps all fecal matter or left over foods out).
3. and a protein like fish is digestible so it doesn't have to be in any order.
Remember what goes in first will come out first. My colon is sluggish so it works for me, I hope it works for you.
You will heal, patient's, which I lack..lol.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 14 Jul 2013, 22:27

Thanks for responding.  I've haven't heard of that one but it does make some sense...I'll check it out.  I've been trying to figure out the sequence of what I eat (or when to take fiber/Metamucil) for quite some time.  Trying to avoid that nasty plug!  Peace :D
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 15 Jul 2013, 15:22

Congrats to you Please go-away!:
Although seriously, from the tone of your post, one could never tell that you were suffering from anything. Just goes to show how important attitude is to healing right.
Again congratulations......

Postby Please go-away! » 15 Jul 2013, 15:39

Before I was like a totally different person, when suffering, and as my friend's know me as a very happy and upbeat person, where very little get's me down,pain sure did at the time.
Thanks Butt, hay how are you continuing with this lifestyle thing,
I like those clapping hands..lol.
Oh one more thing,Butt, is it true that the spasm's could come back, and that it's in remission, My middle sister called me up yesterday to see how I was. (she has ulcerative colitis and spasms, she eats allot of processed foods) She start's bringing me down by saying ,be prepared, because your just in a state of remission, it's neurological and the spasm's will return.
My reply back was it's not a cancer (remission.poo.poo) Of course yours keeps coming back, because you eat like crap ,most of the time.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 15 Jul 2013, 16:08

Its still "all systems go" for me.
Just making sure I continue to stay away from the extra salty, and starchy floury foods. And if I Keep my water intake and exercising up, I'll be just fine.
Thankfully with me, I'm so far removed from my last fissure, that I can now
ch-eat much more than I used to and not have to worry about a re-tear from being constipated. But of course I'm always wary and catch myself before I go overboard @ McDonalds or the like.
That's your challenge too Please go away! as it can be easy to stray away after even several months of no pain down there. But were not going to let that happen are we.  Lets shake hands on that...............

Thanks.....

Postby Guest » 15 Jul 2013, 16:19

It sure can Please go away.
Everything you've accomplished can all go down the drain-(or toilet), with one bad hard bm if your not careful. Even LIS does not garuntee no more spasm's as you can see here ont his board.
http://anal-fissure.org/t2072-spasms-after-lis-surgery
Hey listen, I have to go now....TTYlater......

Postby Please go-away! » 18 Jul 2013, 16:51

Heres to eating healthy and remember chew your food well.
lol..this one is so funny.
Thanks Butt, for showing me how to add on another emoton.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 18 Jul 2013, 23:47

Love the graphics!!  I am surprised and disappointed at how much the spasms hang on despite other signs of progress/healing.  I continue to use nifedipine several times a day; my pain levels are down to discomfort and no blood for several weeks.  Yet, still once or twice a week, easy, I have those nasty spasms.  Randomly.  I hope eventually they will stop.  Will they?  I think I'm going to up my magnesium a little bit and see if that helps.  Image
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist