Scar Tissue

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Scar Tissue

Postby val » 04 Feb 2009, 13:02

Jen, my LIS was well over a year ago and I still get problems with soreness and bleeding. Its very depressing but at least we havent got tightness or spasms!
I'm sure things will fully heal eventually, dont give up hope after just 5 months!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Feb 2009, 16:10

Stop peeking at your butt, Jen! Go peek at your patient's butts! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Jen » 04 Feb 2009, 18:21

I am sorry you guys, but I am not normal yet and I don't think I ever will be. It just makes me so mad. I feel like I can't enjoy life because my butt is always playing tricks on me. I am just venting...
Val - What did your doctor say about you still having soreness? Did he give you any options?
Kim - When you said you had bleeding for 10 months, did you have soreness & inflamation too?
I am just so tired of all of this butt stuff!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Feb 2009, 18:26

I know you are tired of it, Jen. It is so mentally exhausting!
I was only sore immediately after a hard or large stool. Nothing really bad at all. Are you saying you are still sore a lot, Curlylocks? And not just after a hard poo? Please don't say that!
(Go vote for me!)
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 04 Feb 2009, 18:28

Jen,
Please go vote for Kim. It might help you feel better. I like your avatar!! Image
Image Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jen » 04 Feb 2009, 18:45

Kim - No I am not sore all the time. It is only triggered by hard BM's. However, the soreness will last most of the day. Not spasms, just sorness from a cut or the scar streching.
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Feb 2009, 18:54

Well, that sounds like what I experienced, Jen! I am so happy to hear that! You're gonna be OK!
Deleted User 5

Postby Jen » 04 Feb 2009, 19:09

Kim - Did your itch alot after a hard BM too? I am going on day number 2 of itching, and I know I don't have anymore hemmies. I think it is my scar tissue healing.
Do you still have soreness ever? Or did it completely stop after 10 months? How often did the soreness occur?
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Feb 2009, 19:18

It was kind of itchy after a hard poo, but not in a major way. All my life I would have occasional large hard poos that would leave my tail in discomfort, maybe twice or three times a year.
No, I never have soreness anymore. I think I'm as good as I ever was. In the months, and maybe a year or two, before my fissure began to hurt, I would sometimes see streaks of blood on the stool. I think that was the painless early phase of the fissure. But I don't see that anymore.
I must say that after two months, I was 98% healed as far as soreness goes. Just the occasional hard poo (maybe 3 or four times that first year) would cause me the temporary discomfort, which I hope is all you are experiencing now. But I think you had your AF longer than me, so you may be somewhat more compromised down there than me, but that isn't saying much.
Deleted User 5

Postby Jen » 04 Feb 2009, 19:26

Thanks Kim. This is the 3rd or 4th time it has happened in 5 months.
I can't help but wonder if I would benefit from a fissurectomy. However, I don't think any of the CRS do that in Vegas and I am not sure why. Did you have a fissurectomy along with LIS? I wonder if the success rate of LIS is better with a fissurectomy.
Jen
King Fissure