Scar Tissue

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Scar Tissue

Postby Jen » 03 Feb 2009, 22:21

Well guys, I am in need of some advise. I had issues with my scar tissue again today and it is so depressing! I don't think anything in that area will ever be quite right again.
Despite my benefiber and daily BM's, I had another hard tipped BM today and it really irritated the scar tissue down there. No blood, just lots of irritation. This is why I believe it is a scar tissue problem. It just feels raw and inflammed. When I look with my mirror, it looks just minorly cracked. The thing is there is no spasms or tightness at all like my pre LIS days. Also, there is no pooping "glass" feeling like my pre LIS days.
This is just so depressing to me. It has been 5 months since LIS. I would never get another LIS because I don't think tightness is my problem. Has any of the healers ever had an issue like this? How long does scar tissue take to heal?Thankfully, it is the end of the day and the irritation is finally almost gone. I just feel like this is never going to get any better.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Re: Scar Tissue

Postby Corsi » 04 Feb 2009, 02:48

Image Bloody Mary
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Feb 2009, 07:29

I get an occasional hard-tipped stool...but you know everyone does, and they stretch and cause little micro tears that hurt (ache) while passing and make you feel a little sore afterwards.
It's going to happen, but don't obsess, Jen, that does no good.
But it is better. Tell me why you think you are never going to get better when you are so far along, not tight, and your fissure is healed (primarily, anyway?)
I think you are being "anal!" about it!
Image Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Jen » 04 Feb 2009, 07:33

Kim -
What I am going through is not normal. I feel like I will always be only 90% healed. I have come so far and I am glad for that. When my fissure acts up, it gets inflammed, irritated & swollen. (I wish I could show a picture :)) I know normal people get mircotears, but this is my old would acting up, not a new small tare. I am just so bummed.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby cherylk » 04 Feb 2009, 07:35

Jen,
I agree with Kim. It might take that area a long while to completely heal. I felt occasional aches at the incision site where I had laproscopy for years. You are a lot like me and obsess when any little thing goes wrong. I think you will be OK. :loveclouds:
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Feb 2009, 07:46

Remind me now how long has it been since your surgery???
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 04 Feb 2009, 07:49

Kim,
She said it has been five months since LIS.
Jen,
I hope I didn't offend you. I didn't mean to minimize your feelings of worry because we all have them at times.
Image Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Feb 2009, 08:10

Wow, it's early, I missed that! I must be really early in Nevada!
You may always be a little compromised, or you might heal fully but let's let a year pass before we pull out the hari kari sword! There's nothing I'm gonna tell you you don't already know...but hopefully a little reassurance that it's still soon and those membranes down there have a way to go before they fully redevelop. They really do. I say, the fact that you didn;t bleed is good, becuase I did bleed from time to time even after 8 or 10 months!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 04 Feb 2009, 08:51

My doctor said it could take a year at least to heal. Especially in that area where a scar isn't protected. I don't think you are undoing any healing at all, I think you just need to allow yourself some time still. It is hard when you have had such a good run and feel like you have left the forest behind and then come to find another wood in front of you but be comforted in knowing that it is normal. Try to minimize the friction. Try the A&D ointment so that you dont get any chaffing from walking and as a protectorant before the BM. Maybe try just using water to clean might give you tushy a break. Could be related to that time of the month maybe?
I think you may just need to allow for these setbacks and just reassure yourself that you just need some more time and that you will get over this bump. You have come so far, dont give up!

Postby Guest » 04 Feb 2009, 10:18

I agree.... Time Jen – it will strengthen !
It took such time for your scar tissue to build up that it will take such time for things to regain its full strength just like when the nurse told me that my episiotomy scar would take the same amount of time to heal as being pregnant – makes sense right ???
How about vit e capsule applied to soften the scar tissue maybe you can use it before BM so as not to stretch the area ??
Hugs to you Jen – Don’t let this wreck your head Image